Board index FlightGear Development New features

Heaven or Hell? Phi sneak preview.

Discussion and requests for new features. Please note that FlightGear developers are volunteers and may or may not be able to consider these requests.

Re: Heaven or Hell? Phi sneak preview.

Postby Torsten » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:15 am

I am doing almost all of the development on Firefox. It should be the browser that works best.
I never test on Microsoft (IE and whatever comes next) browsers; I don't have a M$ machine and don't want one.

Torsten
flightgear.org - where development happens.
Torsten

Callsign: offline
Version: next

Postby wlbragg » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:49 pm

Your kidding, let me test it out some more on my system and and see if I can be more specific. I know it was Firefox on Android, but I thought it was doing it on my PC also.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020

Postby wlbragg » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:22 pm

It was messed up in Firefox 44.0.2, I upgraded to 45 and it fixed it. So I guess it was the specific version.

Thanks
wlbragg

Postby wlbragg » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:18 pm

I'm sitting here testing out the EV55 and terrasync. I opened Phi to see where I was (started out of Edwards Air Force Base heading WNW). I accidentally grabbed the icon of the aircraft in the map and moved it about 100 miles to the WNW and wondered why I was able to move it and it didn't snap back (it even redrew my path line). I thought to myself, well that's a bug, Now my map and my aircraft's positions don't match. You can imagine my surprise when I switched back to my flight and noticed I wasn't over the Tehachapi Mountains anymore but closing in on Bakersfield. Why this isn't a bug, it's a feature! Very nice! :lol:
wlbragg

Postby wlbragg » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:42 pm

Feature request:
If it's not already available (maybe I just didn't find it), how hard would it be to add a switch to turn on/off a grid overlay the map showing the tiles you already have downloaded with terrasync?
wlbragg

Postby Torsten » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:41 pm

wlbragg wrote in Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:18 pm:You can imagine my surprise when I switched back to my flight and noticed I wasn't over the Tehachapi Mountains anymore but closing in on Bakersfield

The surprise would have even been bigger had you released your mouse button somewhere over terrain higher than your present altitude :-)

wlbragg wrote in Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:42 pm:Feature request:
If it's not already available (maybe I just didn't find it), how hard would it be to add a switch to turn on/off a grid overlay the map showing the tiles you already have downloaded with terrasync?

No, that does not exist. I do have a tile grid for our scenemodels map already in place. Adding that to the Phi map is easy. I don't have an idea how to easily get a list of complete terrasync tiles, though.
For now, I'd say it's easy for the front-end side (browser) but not so easy for the back-end (flightgear).

Torsten
flightgear.org - where development happens.
Torsten

Callsign: offline

Postby Ianio » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:50 pm

thanks for the reply Torsten.

unfortunately a full cache refresh in both firefox and chrome did not solve the problem. still just getting the header bar, no buttons and blank page.

i thought there was a chance this was something to do with using fgrun. However, i have used the terminal to launch with the command --httpd=5500 and still blank.

im all out of ideas.
Ianio

Callsign: ianio
Version: 2016.1

Postby Ianio » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:57 pm

Hi,

a closing note on the issue of Phi not displaying any headers or content. After browsing the file structure of the Phi web pages, i suspect that the issue lies in the javascripts which generate the headers of the main index page.

However, on loading the legacy "index-old" page everything works just like the v3.4 install. Thats all i really need. so indirectly this is solved from my perspective.

since this is seemingly unique to my install i suspect a combination of linux mint install and apache. rather than a specific bug.

thanks for your input.
Ianio

Callsign: ianio
Version: 2016.1

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:23 pm

i've just reported on the tracker that the tools tab seems to be broken... the "wind calculator" and "vertical navigation" sub-options do not change the page at all...

https://sourceforge.net/p/flightgear/codetickets/1854/
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby rooman » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:20 pm

This is working really well, an excellent job.
Can I start it with the radiostack maximised, ideal for my old phone?
Grew up with Dr Who then discovered Monty Python and Middle Earth. The world was never the same.
rooman

Callsign: HB-ROO
Version: Next + LTS

Previous

Return to New features