Board index FlightGear Development New features

Mouse notification toggle switch  Topic is solved

Discussion and requests for new features. Please note that FlightGear developers are volunteers and may or may not be able to consider these requests.

Re: Mouse notification toggle switch

Postby Buckaroo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Thorsten wrote in Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:31 pm:Yes, I like it - it feels much more natural to look around in the cockpit that way while flying. I suppose if I had started out that way, then I would feel really comfortable with it, after all menu operations are something that breaks immersion as well, so I try to avoid it if possible, but since I have years of reflexes changing the view the old way... I'm probably not going to change that habit without a huge incentive.

But as a new default - really, go for it. It's good, the concept is superior.

I have to +1 Thorsten's view here. I'm also a "dreaded mouse pilot" for reasons that would divert the topic. I think the new method is likely superior, but I've also got years of trained-monkey reactions for the old way. Breaking out of the old way has so far proven to be tough.

-Buck
Callsign: Buckaro(o)
Author: Lockheed 1049H Constellation, Grumman Goose, MD-81, Edgley Optica, Velocity XL RG, YASim Guide
Buckaroo

Callsign: Buckaro(o)
Version: 2.10

Re: Mouse notification toggle switch  

Postby zakalawe » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:24 pm

Okay, you convinced me, I'll flip the switch later this week once I've migrated the GUI options from 'Debug' to somewhere more accessible!

Concerning the original point here, I am still trying to decide a suitable categorisation. For example, I'm planning to add a popup when you pause/un-pause the sim, for time acceleration, and probably a couple more things that lack some obvious on-screen feedback, so the user is left wondering what happened (or if the key press didn't work)

Which of these are considered 'good' (like the FoV changing) vs 'annoying'? :) Is a global disable sufficient (for when trying to take screenshots), or do I need to add finer-grained control internally?
zakalawe

Callsign: G-ZKLW
Version: next

Previous

Return to New features