Board index FlightGear Development New features

Multiple colors and fonts in HUD

Discussion and requests for new features. Please note that FlightGear developers are volunteers and may or may not be able to consider these requests.

Multiple colors and fonts in HUD

Postby Kabuki » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:48 am

I don't know if I need to elaborate on this, but I'll try. In certain situations it's desirable to have some sort of "attractor" to a certain part of a HUD or MFD.

Currently, it's possible to have a conditional <blink> state for a label, which is the general idea. I'd like to be able to have some control over the color of different elements
of a HUD, and be able to change them "on the fly" -- conditionally, similar to how the <blink> section works.

I realize that this is complicated by the fact that there is currently a palette that allows the pilot to change the color of the HUD(s) in use, so there's a syntax issue
to work out, but I don't think it would be too hard to come up with something rational, such as a two dimensional array rather than a single dimension.

Also, it'd be nice to be able to have some control over fonts in different elements of a HUD. This could be accomplished with a <font> element within a label.

Just wishin'.

Actually, it'd be nice to be able to incorporate OSGtext in lieu of a HUD, but I'm just beginning to experiment with it, and doubt OSGtext can be attached to a HUD. ?
This is a family-friendly saloon. No talk stink.
Kabuki

Location: Usually on the ground, always in the sky, except when underwater.
Callsign: Kabuki
Version: 3.0.0

Return to New features