Board index FlightGear Development New features

Using TerraGear

Discussion and requests for new features. Please note that FlightGear developers are volunteers and may or may not be able to consider these requests.

Using TerraGear

Postby MickeySkooter » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:13 am

If I ever get Terragear to make a scenery file I;'ll do the dance of joy. I was using gdalchop and got this error "was unexpected at this time" using the command gdalchop <C:\New Apt> <C:\New Apt\Project\N30W092.hgt> ... Is the syntax correct? Where did I go wrong? This scenery stuff should be straightforward, easy making scenery changes. I have been working on KHSA Stennis creating the models for NASA test pads and the area for the NASA facility is woods, my thought was to create a new apt because the NASA facility is quite some ways from KHSA Intl Airport. I tried TerraGUI but genapts850 did not work, why all the cmake stuff make an executable file for us that don't program in C++ ?
MickeySkooter

Callsign: NC3110
Version: 2017.3.1

Re: Using TerraGear

Postby Thorsten » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:43 am

This scenery stuff should be straightforward, easy making scenery changes.

Yes, but in reality it unfortunately is a difficult problem to go from geodata to scenery, with plenty of pitfalls and detours on the way. People are not intentionally keeping it complicated, you know?
Thorsten

Postby MickeySkooter » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:35 am

Thanks, Thorsten! I know you are right, but in the TerraGear Documentation, I have yet to get a help in Windows 10 as described under toolchain. Some examples would help.Thanks for all the work you put into FlightGear. I have made utilities for DMS to Decimal, Airport TaxiSign Extractor, and working on a Parking Position Maker, executables made with Liberty Basic, with text to speech and other resources. Now trying to interface with FG.
MickeySkooter

Postby MickeySkooter » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:54 pm

Is there a web-based TerraGear Scenery Builder like the web-based airport builder? Works fine with WED apt.dat files. WED taxi signs do not show up it the generated airport btg. Made a SIgn extractor which my only issue was each sign faced in the opposite direction, the correction was to reverse them in WED before exporting the apt.dat file. Generates OBJECT_SIGN format for all signs to paste into the bucket.stg
MickeySkooter

Postby MickeySkooter » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:34 pm

When are they going to fix terragui ? We in the United States can not use the European server. I understand the mesh and shapefiles issue. I have hundreds of airports with taxiways on the opposite side of the runway. There isn't enough airport boundary to fix ramps that don't exist in the current files. My added boundary to flatten the surface around the airport, are ignored, Scene is fighting two sources of data. TerraSync never fixes these small airports. Someone would think it syncs your existing with the database new data ... opps ...models mysteriously disappear.
MickeySkooter

Return to New features