Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

TNCM parking spaces

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

TNCM parking spaces

Postby Timaman » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:59 am

Hey guys

Just wondering if anyone was planning on making parking spaces at TNCM - like infront of the terminal or something?
since its such a cool place it needs em. also are there any other TNCM scenery bits i can DL?

thanks
Tima
Callsign:T-IMA or TIMA for short.
Planes:P51 Mustang, F-4J, CRJ700, Citation Bravo.
Airports:KSFO,TNCM, EGKA, EGLL.
http://combatsquadron.yolasite.com << Combat Sqdn Website.
"Crouching Tiger, Hidden PAIN!!!!!!" <-- Live by it.
User avatar
Timaman
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:09 pm
Location: The United Kingdom
Callsign: T-IMA
IRC name: Timaman OR T-IMA
Version: 2

Re: TNCM parking spaces

Postby statto » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:32 pm

I could have sworn someone had done this already... :?
Custom Scenery available from http://www.stattosoftware.com/flightgear
statto
 
Posts: 2112
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:57 pm

Re: TNCM parking spaces

Postby gooneybird » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:45 pm

If you mean the ground network, I did it a while ago. It should be available in CVS and through Terrasync.
There was a download on the forum for V 1.9.x, but I can't find it at the moment.
gooneybird
 
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 1:57 pm

Re: TNCM parking spaces

Postby Timaman » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:22 pm

when you do post it here plz :mrgreen:
Callsign:T-IMA or TIMA for short.
Planes:P51 Mustang, F-4J, CRJ700, Citation Bravo.
Airports:KSFO,TNCM, EGKA, EGLL.
http://combatsquadron.yolasite.com << Combat Sqdn Website.
"Crouching Tiger, Hidden PAIN!!!!!!" <-- Live by it.
User avatar
Timaman
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:09 pm
Location: The United Kingdom
Callsign: T-IMA
IRC name: Timaman OR T-IMA
Version: 2

Re: TNCM parking spaces

Postby gooneybird » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:20 pm

Here you are, a small mix of old and new ground networks, these have been recovered from my old hard drive, the new ones have been checked Taxidraw, but not given a good work out with traffic.

These are for V 1.9.x only, Just extract the ones you want into data/AI/Airports.

groundnets.zip


contents:
EGGP EGSH KBWI TBPB TFFG TKPK TQPF
EGPH KLAX TFFF TJSJ TNCM
gooneybird
 
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 1:57 pm

Re: TNCM parking spaces

Postby Groucho » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:28 am

gooneybird wrote:If you mean the ground network, I did it a while ago. It should be available in CVS and through Terrasync.
There was a download on the forum for V 1.9.x, but I can't find it at the moment.


Does this include parking spaces? Because when I check out via terrasync there are no parking lots for TNCM in the selection.
_____________________________________
Callsign: D-HARP
Flight locations: TNCM, TKPK, EDNY, LOWI
Aircrafts
Helis: EC130, Bo105, UH-1, R22
Twins/Jets: Aerostar, CRJ-200
User avatar
Groucho
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:28 am
Location: Airborne Lake Constance/Germany
Callsign: D-HARP
Version: GIT
OS: Kubuntu

Re: TNCM parking spaces

Postby gooneybird » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:42 pm

I can't try it at the moment as my CVS version has stopped working, so I have no FlightGear :cry:

The ground networks for CVS are apparently now read from the "scenery/Airports" directory.
Have you tried extracting them to "data/AI/Airports" they may still work from there.
gooneybird
 
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 1:57 pm

Re: TNCM parking spaces

Postby gooneybird » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:12 pm

These will work in CVS if you extract them into "data/AI/Airports", you will then have a choice of parking positions in FGRUN at start up.
gooneybird
 
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 1:57 pm

Re: TNCM parking spaces

Postby martin » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:15 pm

gooneybird wrote:The ground networks for CVS are apparently now read from the "scenery/Airports" directory.
Have you tried extracting them to "data/AI/Airports" they may still work from there.


They should work from both directories until noted otherwise,

Martin.
FlightGear Scenery Release Manager
martin
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:03 am
Location: EDLN

Re: TNCM parking spaces

Postby Tuxklok » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:39 am

martin wrote:
gooneybird wrote:The ground networks for CVS are apparently now read from the "scenery/Airports" directory.
Have you tried extracting them to "data/AI/Airports" they may still work from there.


They should work from both directories until noted otherwise,

Martin.


Flightgear would never use the airport files from the scenery directories for me before. It wasn't until digging in the source I saw that /sim/traffic-manager/use-custom-scenery-data must be set to true for flightgear to search the scenery directories. This is apparently set to false by default, on my build of cvs anyway. I also noticed that it only uses the *.groundnet.xml files. What are the many *.ils.xml, *.threshold.xml, etc, files for, there is no trace of them in the source, this is something not implemented yet?

Also in cvs at least, it appears to only load from one or the other, depending on the value of /sim/traffic-manager/use-custom-scenery-data.

Is this stuff documented somewhere obvious that I'm missing?

cheers!
The Austria Scenery Project - more info
fg-scenery-tools - gitorious | videos
fgcomgui - Open source, cross platform, gui front end for fgcom. more info

More random musings and doings can be found on my personal site. (work in progress)
User avatar
Tuxklok
 
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:04 pm
Location: Orlando, FL
Callsign: Tuxklok / N1292P
OS: GNU/Linux

Re: TNCM parking spaces

Postby martin » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:49 pm

Tuxklok wrote:Flightgear would never use the airport files from the scenery directories for me before. It wasn't until digging in the source I saw that /sim/traffic-manager/use-custom-scenery-data must be set to true for flightgear to search the scenery directories. This is apparently set to false by default, on my build of cvs anyway. I also noticed that it only uses the *.groundnet.xml files. What are the many *.ils.xml, *.threshold.xml, etc, files for, there is no trace of them in the source, this is something not implemented yet?


Sorry, Jake, I've simply forgotten about the switch. You're right, ground networks are only being read from 'Scenery/Airports/' if the flag is set to true.
Almost exactly one year ago (on 16th August 2008) we've been announcing that we're going to ship the most recent, corresponding set of ILS-, threshold- and other positional data alongside with the Scenery. Until now we're still hoping that one of those folks who declare this section of the code as being their 'domain' to add the required feature to FlightGear.

Cheers, Martin.
FlightGear Scenery Release Manager
martin
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:03 am
Location: EDLN

Re: TNCM parking spaces

Postby Tuxklok » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:24 pm

Thanks martin, I figured it was still a work in progress. I had been wondering why I couldn't use parking positions in the scenery files before, but hadn't investigated it. Now I keep the flag set and I can use all the parking positions, so I'm happy. Now that I know how it works, l can include some parking positions for LOWI in the next release of my scenery.

cheers
The Austria Scenery Project - more info
fg-scenery-tools - gitorious | videos
fgcomgui - Open source, cross platform, gui front end for fgcom. more info

More random musings and doings can be found on my personal site. (work in progress)
User avatar
Tuxklok
 
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:04 pm
Location: Orlando, FL
Callsign: Tuxklok / N1292P
OS: GNU/Linux

Re: TNCM parking spaces

Postby FlugHund » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:47 pm

Tuxklok wrote:... that /sim/traffic-manager/use-custom-scenery-data must be set to true for flightgear to search the scenery directories. This is apparently set to false by default, on my build of cvs anyway.

Is it possible that this does not work anymore with newest CVS? I realised 'bout two weeks ago that the made by Tuxklok parkpos' at LOWI are not working anymore. I am very sure they did before. (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5350&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=45#p44096)

No matter what I try, I always get "Failed to find parking position GA2 at airport LOWI". I am sure I am using the correct path because the new scenery is loaded and I have not changed anything on the scenery settings since (IIRC ;)). The not-custom parkos' are working as usual.

Can someone confirm this or is this a local issue here?

Alex
User avatar
FlugHund
 
Posts: 522
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:27 pm
Callsign: D-HUND
IRC name: D-HUND / debdog
Version: next
OS: Devuan

Re: TNCM parking spaces

Postby Gijs » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:40 pm

FlugHund wrote:No matter what I try, I always get "Failed to find parking position GA2 at airport LOWI". I am sure I am using the correct path because the new scenery is loaded and I have not changed anything on the scenery settings since (IIRC ;)). The not-custom parkos' are working as usual.

Every parking should have a route to atleast one runway assigned to it. LOWI does not have any routes at all!
So FG is unable to place AI traffic on the parkingspot(s)...

Adding some simple routes should solve the problem and won't take more than a few minutes. Once done, it would be nice to see it in CVS as well...
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
User avatar
Gijs
Moderator
 
Posts: 9384
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:55 pm
Location: Amsterdam/Delft, the Netherlands
Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git
OS: Windows 10

Re: TNCM parking spaces

Postby martin » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:06 pm

FlugHund wrote:
Tuxklok wrote:... that /sim/traffic-manager/use-custom-scenery-data must be set to true for flightgear to search the scenery directories. This is apparently set to false by default, on my build of cvs anyway.

Is it possible that this does not work anymore with newest CVS?


Correct. The flags to let FlightGear read geographic airport information as well as Shared Models from the Scenery have been collapsed into the "/sim/paths/use-custom-scenery-data" property:

http://mapserver.flightgear.org/git/?p=flightgear;a=blobdiff;f=src/Airports/xmlloader.cxx;h=9487144c99817ed42361776b9d4c495d19c368c7;hp=7579e8cc4c4d404d9a0fb10e7b387e38935e10e5;hb=82a68740f196e57f7dca155ba8fd88bbc94466c4;hpb=4765163d785e1727e29eb611eb1bfe2b2a12740d

.... and:

http://mapserver.flightgear.org/git/?p=flightgear;a=blobdiff;f=src/Airports/simple.cxx;h=2b4d7691245307723724904510e7e92c74ae4f8b;hp=aa5af682576e3d352421ca9a7877a5251b85bfdb;hb=14aad373a6832317447eb6ec5784d4c56a906c57;hpb=99031e44d047cb70d283c7c20052e09d40440f24

Martin.
FlightGear Scenery Release Manager
martin
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:03 am
Location: EDLN

Next

Return to Scenery

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests