Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

project 3000 scripts

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

project 3000 scripts

Postby dom_vc10 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:40 am

Hi

I am trying to populate some airports with general clutter, cones, cars etc... For this I am using the great tools for project 3000. I am however getting one error that I cannot seem to solve for a couple of days ...

This is from using the steps here https://github.com/mherweg/d-laser-fgto ... ry-creator

Code: Select all
WARNING:fgelev:Loading elev cache failed ([Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'dsf_txt_collection/EGGD.txt_elev.pkl')

I am running ./dsf2stg.py -i dsf_txt_collection/EGGD.txt

It does create the STG file but due to this error it's not generating any elevation. It also creates a .pkl file in the folder with the EGGD.txt file however it's not using it I guess and even if I re run when the pkl file is there the elevations are wrong. I tested the earlier steps to ensure fgelev is working and it worked fine I also updated the scripts with the correct paths. Is anyone familiar with these tools that could potentially help me out please?
dom_vc10

Version: nightly

Re: project 3000 scripts

Postby TheEagle » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:07 pm

I don't know how to fix the error, but I have created my own script to recalculate elevations of STG file entries, but it only works if there is already an elevation present in the STG file (even if it's zero or some other garbage). If you could post two or three lines of the STG file dsf2stg.py created I could tell.
Cessna 210 (Wiki)
My other aircraft: my wiki profile !
Other: FGTools (GitHub)
World tour: View on SkyVector
Please consider donating $1 / €1 to help me finance a new camera !
TheEagle

Pronouns: You, he
Callsign: F-EAGLE
IRC name: none
Version: Git next

Return to Scenery