Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

Add roads and streams...

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Add roads and streams...

Postby juliandola » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:46 pm

Like in the old sd versions. Is there some easy way to do that?, I have some routes following road and streams just are disappear in the hd versions. I don't know how to add for a default area or if I need to add one by one.
I'm new user here, and say hello "every body" too. :D :wink:
juliandola

Re: Add roads and streams...

Postby stuart » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:07 pm

I'm not really sure what you mean by "hd" and "sd". Can you explain in more detail?
G-MWLX
stuart

Callsign: G-MWLX

Postby awen » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:04 am

I guess the OP means WS 1.0 and WS 2.0 as mentioned in the official website download section.
awen

Version: 2020.4.0

Postby juliandola » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:34 am

v1.0.1 is an older world scenery build. You can think of it as “SD” or standard detail level.
v2.0.1 is a newer world scenery build based on updated and more detailed source information. Think of it as “HD” or high detail.

The question is if I can recover the old roads and streams in v1.0.1 standard detail level. In the v2.0.1 there is no San Antonio valley road neither San Antonio canyon stream and some others...and I think this is for the high detail level so I don't know is this is possible, if I can find the way to put also one by one, I have installed the terragear with guide in my Opensuse system but I suspect the open street don't have all road but city street.
juliandola

still looking for...

Postby juliandola » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:22 am

By now I "solved" the problem through the "hard way"...I put the old scenery from my old installation in the new one, and work¡ buuut...this is not supported and going to crash soon or later. So I want to have this active, because I'm still looking for the way to add this old roads and streams in the new scenery. I appreciate all suggestion¡ and thanks to the ones to take their time in it.
juliandola

Return to Scenery