Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

I there a good scenery of Morocco  Topic is solved

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

I there a good scenery of Morocco

Postby Mohamed » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:27 pm

does someone know a good scenery of morocco

(sorry for my english i'm moroccan)

don't ask me to do one please
Mohamed

Version: 2020.3.6

Re: I there a good scenery of Morocco  

Postby Johan G » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:50 pm

Mohamed wrote in Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:27 pm:don't ask me to do one please

While you could create new from scratch it is not needed. There are something that you can do that is much easier, and that probably is more needed: Adding buildings.

Placing generic buildings can help a lot to go from a featureless flat airport to something that looks at least a little bit better. I recommend that you look into placing generic buildings with the UFO and submitting them to the scenery database. That way you will not just to get to see them yourself, but you improve the scenery for everyone else as well (through the default scenery, TerraSync).

I have just taken a quick look at the Moroccan airports in OpenStreetMap, and it seem that most of them are well mapped which might help a little as you will need good reference. You will also need to look for good reference photos of where buildings are located. (At some point you might want to model buildings like airport terminals, but that is for maybe later).

To get going have a look at this scenery database website page:

And also this article on the FlightGear wiki:

You do not have to jump in on it right away, but give it some though the next couple of weeks. :wink:

Something you could possibly try later on, and something I have not tried myself, and that seem to be a little bit more work and require a little bit more coordination with someone with commit access to the FGData repository, is to improve the textures. Probably the best way to work with that is by creating procedural textures. Procedural textures requires a bit of adjusting and are set up using a few textures and writing configuration files that tell the rendering engine of FlightGear how to use them. However, procedural textures do look a lot better than single repeating photo textures, and are much less prone to patterns repeating off into the distance (also known as "tiling").
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby Mohamed » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:52 am

nvm
Mohamed

Postby erik » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:30 pm

I've just pushed an update for the African mediteranian materials definition to next which I think is a nice improvement from what we had.

Erik
Current: Parachutist, Paraglider, Pterosaur, Pilatus PC-9M and variants, ERCO Ercoupe, Fokker Dr.1, Fokker 50, Fokker 100
Less active: Cessna T-37, T-38, Santa Claus. Previous: General Dynamics F-16. Worked on: Wright Flyer
erik

Postby Mohamed » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:48 pm

thx !
Mohamed

Postby SP-NTX » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:40 pm

Mohamed wrote in Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:27 pm:don't ask me to do one please

Why not
Freedom can be frightening if you've never felt it
SP-NTX

Callsign: SP-NTX
Version: 2020.4.0

Postby vnts » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:24 pm

erik wrote in Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:30 pm:I've just pushed an update for the African mediteranian materials definition to next which I think is a nice improvement from what we had.

Checking the 2020.3.9 release candidate (web installer), it seems this got missed? The change didn't have any issues when I looked at it in the nightly build a while back.

Kind regards
vnts

Return to Scenery