Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

Nice seaport for seaplane?

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Nice seaport for seaplane?

Postby paju1986 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:52 pm

Im looking for doing a video with the twin otter with floats, anybody know a nice looking scenery seaport for departure or arrival??

Thanks you
paju1986

Re: Nice seaport for seaplane?

Postby vnts » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:53 am

Maybe there's a developed seaport in Norway or Alaska?

Hopping around fjords with steep walls in Norway in autumn, with overlays is stunning. Aurorae too, for a pre-dawn takeoff with lights visible on water - especially a low altitude flight with overlays & OSM2City (link). Not sure if Merspeilers world build has done Norway (I seem to have scenery from an old test build of OSM2City). OSM2City density or coverage is better further south near Bergen (Hardangerfjord, Sognefjord), maybe also around Stavanger. Lyngen Alps has steep fjords, but forest (hence landclass in FG) is regular continental alps. Aurorae are usually seen around Tromso, but visible further south when there's a geomagnetic storm.

Splash on glass, light on water & aurora (From an old WiP C172p downloaded from github - lightmap dimming wasn't in yet. And there's a lack of larger scale detail(?) in the vent surface e.g. compared to the rest (maybe just no AO) - not sure if fixed)

Not sure if recording and performance hit from MSAA + overlays work well while flying, but maybe recording an fgtape or 720p/480p would work.

5z1 (Juneau Harbor) is in a good location with forests and access to glacier/icefield (manually tweaking snowline makes transition from glacier ice to other landclasses smooth), but not developed and the spawn point was broken back when I tried it.

Kind regards
vnts

Postby miguel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:16 pm

good afternoon.if it exists
made by LUDOMOTICO.en LEPA (lepo) name Pollensa
I have it installed.

greetings,,, miguel
miguel

Postby miguel » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:00 pm

If you want it I'll send it to you