Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

How to avoid the gaps at the edge of my custom scenery

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

How to avoid the gaps at the edge of my custom scenery

Postby hanliang » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:44 pm

I've used TerraGear (GUI) compiling several scenery successfully, but I found there exist gaps between the original scenery and my custom scenery. I guess that maybe I should set some optional extra options. But I don't know how to set these parameters. How to avoid these phenomenons, or how to set these parameters?
hanliang

Re: How to avoid the gaps at the edge of my custom scenery

Postby D-ECHO » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:04 pm

This is actually one of the biggest problems with custom scenery and the reason why in-land custom scenery is normally not included in TerraSync. As far as I know, there is no way to make terragear not generate these edges (or seams, as they are often called), but you can try and use the GLUE tool: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36075
D-ECHO

Postby xDraconian » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:40 am

As D-ECHO suggested, GLUE tool may be your best option.

Alternative: Try adding the surrounding border tiles into your work folder. TerraGear should stitch the new scenery to these adjacent tiles. It's been so long since I've done this, I don't recall whether it will merge all edges or only the east and south edges.
xDraconian

Version: Git

Postby hanliang » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:40 am

Thank you for your reply. I've read that post. The GLUE tool looks like a very great tool to use and I'm going to try it.
hanliang

Postby hanliang » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:47 am

xDraconian wrote in Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:40 am:As D-ECHO suggested, GLUE tool may be your best option.

Alternative: Try adding the surrounding border tiles into your work folder. TerraGear should stitch the new scenery to these adjacent tiles. It's been so long since I've done this, I don't recall whether it will merge all edges or only the east and south edges.

Eh... I'm not sure which files I should put into the work folder, and which folder should I put them into. The btg files? And the "work" folder or "output" folder?
hanliang

Return to Scenery