Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

New Zealand scenery download .

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Re: New Zealand scenery download .

Postby Professor.S » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:03 am

O.K I am back for a minute , I have populated the New Zealand airports with d-laser-fgtools & using V12's NZAA NZCH NZQN NZWN wicked airports . I have fixed that NZMF runway Milford Sound airport ChrisM , The problem was I set the max slope in TerraGear to 12 degrees. Leave that setting blank to TerraGear scenery designers , To Stuart on the developers list "Yes I compiled the entire scenery and the Airports as one , The Scenery tears are part of Terragears output" .I will upload a working version of New Zealand scenery with Airport objects soon .
Professor.S

Postby flightgearmdm » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:35 am

Looks amazing but how do I download? (Sorry - new to FlightGear and these forums).
flightgearmdm

Postby Maerchenprinz » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:36 pm

Hello flightgearmdm!

Sorry - new to FlightGear and these forums

No need to say, this has happened to many, if not all people here... :)

I am desperately searching for a link, too! Maybe Professor S. already has uploaded it to terrasync, the database with the newest scenery additions - If so, you can (if you have a decent internet connection) enable terrasync, either by choosing something like "Enable terrasync" in the launcher, or adding
Code: Select all
--enable-terrasync
to the FG parameters (Sorry, can't check myself, writing from a shmartphone).

Ciao,

Adrian
Maerchenprinz

Callsign: Adrian

Postby Professor.S » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:02 am

The scenery is not in TerraSync as far as I know yet ,check back for a download link within the next day as I am adding more objects to the scenery such as osm light houses & osm antennas , and osm wind turbines ,with a few scripts I merged together to extract coordinates from QGIS point data then quickly converts the data into a .txt file which can then be converted to FlightGear with d-laser-fgtools .
Professor.S

Postby Professor.S » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:28 am

Here is the updated download link to New Zealand scenery , airports ,light houses , communication towers and wind turbine scenery objects have been added. Torsten please add this scenery to TerraSync.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LAVlS ... 7pA4UDMqOP

Professor.S

Postby sleemanj » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:11 am

I've been testing out this scenery for a couple days and it looks great especially in Fiordland and lakes district, but there are a few issues, maybe it's to do with my setup or I've done something wrong, but anyway

Start up at NZMF (Milford) you are placed a long way away from the runway and indeed flightgear seems to interpret this location as water, that is if you use for example the default c172 you are glued to the spot unless you switch to floats/amphib, anyway the main point is that you're not on the runway, or parking, or near it.

Same goes for NZPN (Picton) even worse you start somewhere up a hillside instead of anywhere near the runway.

Braided rivers in Canterbury, at least Ashley and Waimak are not well represented I havn't gone further south yet, I don't know if it's landclass or what but they Waimak is cut short before it gets to even NZCH and the Ashley appears to be dry and forested it's entire length, you can see where braids should be, but the water is land.
sleemanj

Postby Professor.S » Wed May 06, 2020 10:07 am

This is a detailed scenery of New Zealand created with GNU General Public License v2.0 shapefiles, This scenery was compiled with OpenStreetMap GNU General Public License v2.0 shapefiles to replace New Zealand in TerraSync.
Professor.S

Postby Figaro » Fri May 15, 2020 12:36 pm

@Professor.S - To fix the spawning issue, copy the apt.dat you used for generating the scenery, and create a folder at the same level as Terrain called NavData (FlightGear/Custom Scenery/New Zealand/NavData). Paste the apt.dat in there. (I'm assuming you used updated airport layouts, hence the issue)

Should load up fine then. However other NavData may then be off (ILS for example) so would need further editing. Though I'm yet to see a tutorial on that IIRC.

-S
Figaro

Callsign: 4L-FIG

Postby jetflyer » Tue May 26, 2020 12:44 pm

Looks promising!
The install is not clear for me, as a newbie.
Point 4, where exactly do I put the folders mentioned. I see "airports" in "data" and "scenery"and non of these has the same stucture as your Airports.
Also for the other 4 folders it is not clear for me.
Thanks for your effort!
jetflyer

Previous

Return to Scenery