Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

osm2city worldbuild

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Re: osm2city worldbuild

Postby merspieler » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:59 am

No clue...

And I won't do the work of separating it into different things...

Just help to core guys get their infrastructure up, so we can provide everything.
If everything is going against you, keep in mind that airplanes take off against the wind, not with it.
merspieler

Callsign: JST935. ORI1711
IRC name: merspieler
Version: next

Postby ddsallad » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:15 pm

Hello,

I'm a developer at a company doing a lot of aircraft simulation, we are interested in using flight gear for our viewer application and this world build project is of great interest. We would be interested in hosting the entire database internally, using terragear/terrasync/terramanager internally, etc.

Your status page seems to broken at the moment so it's hard to get a reading, but how far along is the project on a % basis? 80%? 100%?

How would we go about obtaining (probably paying if I can convince the higher ups) the resulting database?

Thank you, this project is super impressive! Flight gear combined with accurate scenery would make a really big impact in our operations .
ddsallad

Postby merspieler » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:42 pm

Hey there,

welcome to the forum.

Do you want to host it publicly or just for your internal use?

Any way, the software that you need is terrasync. (terragear is for actually generating it... tho will be replaced by Virtual Planet Builder in future)

For me, the status page at https://merspieler.alwaysdata.net/osm2city/progress.php works... I'd appreceate a better description of the issue so I can fix that.
Status is, we're currently fixing some bugs and rebuild the affected areas. From a coverage perspective >99.9% (34 out of 2147550 remaining).

For optaining the scenery, use terrasync. That will download it.
The osm2city scenery is currently not publicly accissibe but we could work out a deal... or you wait until it gets merged into the upstream scenery which will then come with terrasync.

... and just out of curriosity, which company is that?
If everything is going against you, keep in mind that airplanes take off against the wind, not with it.
merspieler

Callsign: JST935. ORI1711
IRC name: merspieler
Version: next

Previous

Return to Scenery