Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

Upgrading Perugia LIRZ Airport

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Re: Upgrading Perugia LIRZ Airport

Postby RedGriffin » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:33 pm

Fly-Flot wrote in Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:19 pm:Good teamwork, thanks D_ECHO, great work and thanks to FlyingGriffin for having carefully inserted the various objects.
Beautiful, we have a new airport :D
thanks again to both

Thank you for your appreciation and support. It is a work in progress, tough, and, as far as objects are concerned, there is still much to do. D-ECHO did a great job in importing and converting the airports and the three airfields included in this scenery.
Red Griffin - IK0TOJ
Author and developer of Red Griffin ATC (Wiki) - Enjoy my Youtube Channel
RedGriffin

Callsign: IK0TOJ
Version: 2020.4 git

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:33 pm

FWIW: if i may add, please, when placing craft and vehicles around airports, be sure they stay clear of active parking places and taxiways that AI and player craft use... it is not nice to spawn into a parking place and be flipped all about because your craft landed on some static craft/vehicle placed in or around the parking area...

aside from that, the work looks great!
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby RedGriffin » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:39 pm

wkitty42 wrote in Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:33 pm:FWIW: if i may add, please, when placing craft and vehicles around airports, be sure they stay clear of active parking places and taxiways that AI and player craft use... it is not nice to spawn into a parking place and be flipped all about because your craft landed on some static craft/vehicle placed in or around the parking area...

Sure! All of the official ramps have been left clear and unoccupied by any plane or object which have been placed in other "unused AI parts" of the airport. The northern apron is by no mean to be used for departure, the same is true for the service area between the airport building and the control tower.
The Boeing 737 on the right side too is placed in an area free of any ramp.

wkitty42 wrote in Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:33 pm:aside from that, the work looks great!

Thank you! The work is not done yet! :-)
Red Griffin - IK0TOJ
RedGriffin

Postby gooneybird » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:30 pm

I have a working groundnet for LIRZ if you want it, just needs a bit of tidying up first.
My Github repository (mostly AI stuff) https://github.com/gooneybird47
gooneybird

Postby RedGriffin » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:19 am

gooneybird wrote in Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:30 pm:I have a working groundnet for LIRZ if you want it, just needs a bit of tidying up first.

Hello gooneybird!
Well, it seems everyone can run genapts850 but me! :-(
As for your contribution, I guess @D-ECHO is the one who can reply to your offer as he is the one taking care of the airport layout and groundnet (and he too has a working genapts850 whereas I have a stubborn one refusing to generate any output)
Maybe you can send @D-ECHO your groundnet so he can compare it to his job and see whether it can be useful to better defining LIRZ?
Red Griffin - IK0TOJ
RedGriffin

Postby D-ECHO » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:15 pm

Hi Gooneybird,
that sounds good. I guess we're talking about an AI groundnet here? :)
I'm not really familiar with taxidraw ( and don't have a working version), but anyways it would be nice if you could send it over so I can have a look
Regards
D-ECHO

Pronouns: Bea (she/her)
Version: next

Postby RedGriffin » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:29 pm

This is just great!
It seems there is interest in LIRZ airport and the team is growing up! Great!
Red Griffin - IK0TOJ
RedGriffin

Postby gooneybird » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:50 pm

D-ECHO wrote in Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:15 pm:Hi Gooneybird,
that sounds good. I guess we're talking about an AI groundnet here? :)
I'm not really familiar with taxidraw ( and don't have a working version), but anyways it would be nice if you could send it over so I can have a look
Regards

Yes AI groundnet.
I've just had a look at it and it needs a bit of tweaking as it was done a while ago, but I should find time to finish it in the new few days.
gooneybird

Postby D-ECHO » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:55 pm

Great, thank you!
D-ECHO

Postby RedGriffin » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:33 am

Hi @D-ECHO,
hi just pulled the latest commits from gitlab and I saw you also added LIRE airport as well as some changes to the other airport's dat files. Good job!
This scenery is getting more and more rich as it now includes seven airports and three airfields. To summarize everything up, the scenery now includes:

Airports:

LIRZ - Perugia San Francesco d'Assisi
LIAF - Foligno Giorgio Franceschi
LIRQ - Firenze Peretola (correct name should be Firenze-Peretola Amerigo Vespucci)
LIRA - Roma Ciampino (correct name should be Roma-Ciampino Giovan Battista Pastine)
LIRF - Roma Fiumicino (correct name should be Roma-Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci)
LIRU - Roma Urbe (maybe it would be better using Roma-Urbe. In the apt file Roma is all uppercase)
LIRE - Pratica di Mare (the name in its dat file is all uppercase, maybe better using "Pratica di Mare Mario de Bernardi")

Airfields:

XLI002 - Aviosuperficie del Sagrantino
XLI003 - Aviosuperficie Panicarola
XLI004 - Aviosuperficie Montemelino (Aviosuperficie is actually missing in the dat file)

In case someone is interested in testing or downloading this scenery, it can be found here in the repository managed by D-ECHO: https://gitlab.com/decho/lirz_liaf

As for my progress, I am still refining the placement of the objects in LIRZ as well as adding new ones. When I am done with LIRZ I will start working on LIAF and, of course, help is welcome here in case anyone would like to join to the group and take care of the other airports' objects.

I would also like to express my gratitude to D-ECHO for his time, efforts and excellent job. We started from LIRZ and LIAF, we now have seven airports and three airfields in this scenery and I guess D-ECHO is going to add more. :-)
I am very happy for all he (and us) are getting so far: I am sure we are going to have an excellent scenery in which it will be fantastic to fly in. Not to mention, as the project is open source and collaborative, because of the nature of such projects, it will certainly get better and better over time. Moreover, the addition of the groundnet file promised by @gooneybird sounds exciting as well.

Keep up doing the great and good job! :-)

With my very best wishes for a very happy and prosperous 2019 to all!
Last edited by RedGriffin on Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Griffin - IK0TOJ
RedGriffin

Postby D-ECHO » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:56 am

You're welcome :)

About the airport names: I fixed LIRU and LIRE, the others can not be set as WED only allows 30 characters :(
D-ECHO

Postby RedGriffin » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:00 pm

Hi @D-ECHO,
I was trying to test the new airports you added and I noticed when you are in LIRA airport (Roma-Ciampino) there actually is nothing at all. I saw LIRA.btg.gz is missing in Terrain/e010n40/e012n41 folder. I do not know whether you are working on that, however I thought I should tell that for your information. :-)
Moreover, when you are in LIRF (Roma-Fiumicino) the AI seems to not work fine. The AI planes are actually taxing on grass and outside taxiways.
Red Griffin - IK0TOJ
RedGriffin

Postby RedGriffin » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:02 pm

D-ECHO wrote in Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:56 am:You're welcome :)

About the airport names: I fixed LIRU and LIRE, the others can not be set as WED only allows 30 characters :(

I understand the limit imposed by WED and I guess there is not much we can do about that. However I think the other names I posted in my previous post are shorter than 30 characters. Good job! :-)
Red Griffin - IK0TOJ
RedGriffin

Postby gooneybird » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:18 pm

Groundnet done. http://www.mediafire.com/file/e67wvp51gum04aa/LIRZ.groundnet.xml/file

Ignore the aircraft type they are only my test traffic, at the moment I believe only Ryanair and Wizz operate from there in FG.
gooneybird

Postby RedGriffin » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:29 pm

gooneybird wrote in Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:18 pm:Groundnet done.

Very good news! I downloaded the file and I will test it when I am done replying to your message. I guess @D-ECHO is going to add your file in his repository at gitlab. Very good. Thank you for your job and contribution. :)

gooneybird wrote in Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:18 pm:Ignore the aircraft type they are only my test traffic, at the moment I believe only Ryanair and Wizz operate from there in FG.

Actually, here at LIRZ are operating the following airlines: Ryanair, Wizz, Lufthansa, Blue Panorama, Blu-Express and Albawings.
Red Griffin - IK0TOJ
RedGriffin

PreviousNext

Return to Scenery