Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

Scenery objects collide with 3D textures / auto models  Topic is solved

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Scenery objects collide with 3D textures / auto models

Postby henrik_k » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:58 pm

I have modelled the refinery next to the EDRY (Speyer) airport. I have not yet published the objects (as the web form still gives me parsererror), so deploy the models as custom scenery locally.
Some of the objects nearly seem to disappear especially when flying close to the ground in a kind of 3D texture that seems to cover the scenery by default.
Also, there are some objects (buildings and tanks) that I cannot find on the scenery map - could they have been placed arbitrarily by some kind of automatic algorithm?

Anything I need to do prior to sharing / uploading my objects?
henrik_k

Re: Scenery objects collide with 3D textures / auto models  

Postby Thorsten » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:41 am

Some of the objects nearly seem to disappear especially when flying close to the ground in a kind of 3D texture that seems to cover the scenery by default.

There's no such thing 'by default' - there's overlay layers which you can switch on and off in the rendering dialog.

Also, there are some objects (buildings and tanks) that I cannot find on the scenery map - could they have been placed arbitrarily by some kind of automatic algorithm?

Again, there's random/OSM/... object and buolding layers which you can switch on and off in the rendering dialog.
Thorsten

Return to Scenery