Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

SBJV correct in X-Plane but still wrong in FG

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

SBJV correct in X-Plane but still wrong in FG

Postby csantz » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:30 pm

Hi guys,

Few years ago (2014), I made a refresh on SBJV Airport layout to looks like the real airport, rwy, parking area, etc. As instructed, I upload it to X-Plane gateway the should be imported by Flightgear database later, see above:

https://gateway.x-plane.com/scenery/page/SBJV

Approved versions

But till now, the airport layout is the old one, with incorrect rwy and layouts.

How can we get it updated in Flightgear ?
csantz

Callsign: PT-CLB

Re: SBJV correct in X-Plane but still wrong in FG

Postby xDraconian » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:18 am

Hi @csantz,

The terrain needs to be regenerated with the TerraGear tools.
Within FGMeta, there a folder named fg-from-scratch which contains a sample terrain project. This can be a good reference for you if you wish to attempt to regenerate the terrain around SBJV.

Torsten has been building an automated process to allow us to regenerate the world scenery. I believe he is getting close.
We also need to update the TerraGear tools to support the newer apt.dat format.
Once both are done, we will be able to begin the regeneration process. This is likely to take several months to complete.
xDraconian

Version: Git

Postby csantz » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:41 am

Sorry, I didn't understand. So the airport layout information don't come from X-Plane data ? I have done, and others after me, all the airport layout, rwy, parking, ILS data using WED (apt.dat), so now how we get it into FG Scenery ??

I not talking about terrain here, I just want update runaway and taxiways layouts. What's the process flow to update apt.dat layout ?
csantz

Postby statto » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:23 am

apt.dat is updated, but in order for the airport to appear in the scenery, the scenery must be regenerated with the apt.dat as input - it does not automatically update like in x-plane.
Custom Scenery available from http://www.stattosoftware.com/flightgear
statto

Postby csantz » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:23 pm

statto wrote in Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:23 am:apt.dat is updated, but in order for the airport to appear in the scenery, the scenery must be regenerated with the apt.dat as input - it does not automatically update like in x-plane.

Hi statto, apt.dat is not updated, for this airport it has a very old info, if you look using WED at apt.dat in FG and X-Plane you'll see a different airport layout. This occurs in nav.dat as well, some "new" waypoints/fixes around KSFO cannot be find in FG.

How apt.dat is updated in FG ? As far as understand, if apt.dat is correct the layout will be correct in the next Scenery build, Am I right ?
csantz

Postby Müller » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:23 pm

Hi Cleber,
I sent a private message.
Abraco.
I7-8700k - MSi Z370 Plus Sli - Galax RTX 2070 - G.Skill 16gb 3000mhz - SSD MX 500 -500gb, Hd 1tb Seagate, HD 2tb Wd - WC Corsair H100iv2 - Corsair RM 650 - Monitor 24'' Asus - Gab.Aerocool 800
Müller

Return to Scenery