Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

Northern Ireland

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Northern Ireland

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:19 pm

Northern Ireland

Discover the Glens of Antrim:

Visit the different airports:

Experience the good weather:

And the bad:

Enjoy the challenge of the three VFR fields: Blackhill, Slieve Croob, and Tandragee

Download it now at:
https://github.com/legoboyvdlp/Belfast-fg-CustomScenery

and please test it and report any bugs!

legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Re: Northern Ireland

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:24 pm

I just added new apt.dats for all airports converting the polygons to taxiways. I'm aware of z-fighting of terrain at EGAA, but it isn't serious, just on a minor ramp, I'll reconstruct the scenery later. I also have a new material.xml file.

Thanks,
Jonathan
legoboyvdlp

Postby xDraconian » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:13 am

Thank you Jonathan.

Nice job with the shoreline, but may I suggest a different landclass for the islands. It looks a bit odd to have farmland on such small islands.

I saw the missed geometry at EGAA that you mentioned. Not sure whether this is z-fighting or just missing the draped polygons from the Gateway data. Terragear doesn't know how to handle these draped polygons yet so it requires some manual work. The route lines on EGAA ramp look really good.
You may want to give my Blender BTG loader a try to explore what is contained in the BTG.

Appreciate the work you put into improving this scenery.
Do you have more planned for this area?

xDraconian

Version: Git

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:36 pm

Hi, thanks! What islands specifically are you talking about? I'll remedy that if I can.

Yes, that is the draped polygons - d-laser's automatic script failed for these airports owing to the complexity of the polygons

I can certainly try the BTG script!

Jonathan
legoboyvdlp

Postby xDraconian » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:25 pm

legoboyvdlp wrote in Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:36 pm:What islands specifically are you talking about? I'll remedy that if I can.

South of EGAD - Along the western shore of the bay.
xDraconian

Version: Git

Postby CaptainBirdseye » Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:08 pm

Hello legoboyvdlp, that looks awesome. As a Mourne Man myself I would very much enjoy flying about this area. Unfortunately, however, when I click the link i just end up with a 404 'page not found' screen. Would you be able to assist me? It would be very much appreciated.
Thank you
CaptainBirdseye

Pronouns: Not bothered
Callsign: FISH-444

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:47 pm

CaptainBirdseye wrote in Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:08 pm:when I click the link i just end up with a 404 'page not found' screen. Would you be able to assist me?

i knocked everything off the link from "/Belfast-blahblah" to go to his main page... then i clicked on the Repositories tab... this link is for that and you can look through it to see if you find what you are looking for... https://github.com/legoboyvdlp?tab=repositories
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby CaptainBirdseye » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:59 pm

Thank you wkitty42 I have found it :)
True fact - an aircraft's propeller is really just a big fan to keep the pilot cool. My proof? Watch when it stops working in-flight - the pilot immediately starts sweating.
CaptainBirdseye

Postby CaptainBirdseye » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:26 pm

Excuse my utter ignorance, but how exactly do I install this scenery into my FG?
True fact - an aircraft's propeller is really just a big fan to keep the pilot cool. My proof? Watch when it stops working in-flight - the pilot immediately starts sweating.
CaptainBirdseye

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:09 am

copy it into your personal custom_scenery/ directory and point FG to it in the launcher's options near the bottom of the window where you add scenery...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby CaptainBirdseye » Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:14 pm

wkitty42 wrote in Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:09 am:copy it into your personal custom_scenery/ directory and point FG to it in the launcher's options near the bottom of the window where you add scenery...

Thanks!
CaptainBirdseye

Return to Scenery