Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

47MO takes you to the wrong airport

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

47MO takes you to the wrong airport

Postby swampthing » Mon May 07, 2018 9:57 pm

47MO is a heliport. https://skyvector.com/airport/47MO/Phelps-County-Regional-Medical-Center-Heliport It takes you to Cliff Scott instead. I don't know if this the right place for this but its the best place in the forum I could find.

Thanks
www.opredflag.com
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson-
swampthing

Callsign: swamp
Version: 2018.2

Re: 47MO takes you to the wrong airport

Postby wkitty42 » Tue May 08, 2018 6:00 pm

sounds like the info in apt.dat is wrong for 47MO... if you know the correct info, you can create a local override dat file and adjust it as needed... i would start with the section from the current apt.dat and copy that to my override file, ~/myflightgear/mySceneryOverrides/NavDat/apt/47MO.dat... then make the changes needed in there and load the sim... you should see the navcache being rebuilt and including your override file... the "mySceneryOverrides" directory is where i have my sole custom scenery path addition pointing so i don't have to worry about adding that path to anything...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby wkitty42 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:32 pm

@swampthing: did you try my suggested fix? did it work for you??
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby swampthing » Tue May 15, 2018 6:42 pm

wkitty42, no I haven't yet but I appreciate your response, I've been trying to get fence put up and I think you know my health situation, its slow going these days and then my eyes need recovery time. I have flown around a bit with FGUK Saturday and some other short flights between times. I'm out of wood for now so I'll try it out later today and let you know if it works, if I can figure it out, I haven't messed with scenery much I don't know if thats a folder that already exist or if I have to make it and put helipad in there. You may think I know more than I know haha. ;)

Steve
www.opredflag.com
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson-
swampthing

Callsign: swamp
Version: 2018.2

Return to Scenery