Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

PHNL - Honolulu

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Re: PHNL - Honolulu

Postby xDraconian » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:48 pm

J Maverick 16 wrote in Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:04 am:has the Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam Field been added too in terms of 2D layout?

Yes, the layout is there but it is mostly barren.

wkitty42 wrote in Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:43 pm:i really really really hope that someone is fixing the groundnet for PHNL

A new Groundnet file has been pushed to my repo. This resolves the parking name issue, but introduces issues with AI aircraft being placed on top of buildings. Hangar/Terminal models are in need of work.
xDraconian

Version: Git

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:19 pm

yeah, i suspect so... the existing one in terrsync shows a "wave" of parking when the craft are there but they're not in the proper places... plus all of them are facing the same way instead of facing how they should be facing...

i mean, i do have replacements for most of the groundnets but i would rather see them in terrasync instead of in my overrides directory... even the tower in the maps is off... in the existing scenery, there's a control tower between RWY 4L and RWY 8L but in the map, the symbol is over between RWY 4R and RWY 8R...

time is running out :(

"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby J Maverick 16 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:39 pm

xDraconian wrote in Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:48 pm:Yes, the layout is there but it is mostly barren.

Great.
If you want some help with a few 3D improvements I can help depending on my free time. Been always wanting to have that place better developed ;)
Cheers, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (KC-137R, F-16, A330, C-32J, MH-60)
Flying with Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar
Aviation media on IG at: @j_maverick16.aviation
J Maverick 16

Callsign: J-Mav16
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby xDraconian » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:06 am

J Maverick 16 wrote in Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:39 pm:If you want some help with a few 3D improvements I can help

You are welcome to Mav. I have very limited time prior to the 2018.1 release, so I will not have time for much modeling.
xDraconian

Postby xDraconian » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:26 am

I made a few minor tweaks to eliminate the most obvious issues (hangars on taxiways, aircraft upon buildings).
I'm traveling this week, so I am unlikely to post any more updates until after the release.
xDraconian

Postby J Maverick 16 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:05 pm

You've made a great job there now that I'm looking closely to it.
I'm updating the military area, will send you a download link for the things to add later on.
Cheers, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (KC-137R, F-16, A330, C-32J, MH-60)
Flying with Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar
Aviation media on IG at: @j_maverick16.aviation
J Maverick 16

Callsign: J-Mav16
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby xDraconian » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:21 am

Quick update.

After suffering from a computer loss, the script to generate the shapefiles was lost along with many other works in progress.
The good news is that I've now recreated the shapefile script. This version is better (more accurate) than the original version and took half the time to write.
Only a few more tweaks to add and some documentation before I release it.

I'll announce in this forum board when it is available.

xDraconian

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:56 pm

excellent work, scott!
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby xDraconian » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:19 am

wkitty42 wrote in Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:56 pm:excellent work, scott!

Appreciate your kind words Waldo. Thank you.
xDraconian

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu May 23, 2019 4:22 pm

@xDraconian:

Some issues:

on the taxiway to 08R

at the holding point of 08L

Anyone else see these?

As far as I know this is terrasync - I don't think I have scenery in FGDATA.

on another note, I hope 2018.3 now has this terrasync scenery included, it was much better than the old PHNL :)
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby eatdirt » Thu May 23, 2019 5:16 pm

Confirmed!!! I did not mention it before as my troubles were much greater with OSG-3.6.3, but I bumped into it as well!
eatdirt

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:08 pm

i've found a bug in PHNL... there's a berm blocking taxiway RB between RWY 08L and RWY 08R...
we need to figure out how to flatten that area beside where Worchester Ave crosses the taxiway and regenerate the land for inclusion in terrasync... flatten at least that one part crossing the pavement so craft can properly taxi out to RWY 08R... in reality, it looks like that whole northern edge of the golf course needs to be lowered...

[EDIT]

oh, i see now, two posts up, lego posted a picture showing the problem i'm describing... his doesn't have the OSM data in it, though... but yeah, that dark green line is the berm i'm speaking of... depending on when the data used was taken, the berm could be piled up dirt from where they dug out that section of the taxiway to put Worchester Ave in the tunnel underneath the taxiway... maybe there's new data available and a simple regeneration will take care of it??

"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Previous

Return to Scenery