Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

Generating a Multiple Airport apt.dat in TerraGear

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Generating a Multiple Airport apt.dat in TerraGear

Postby pb321 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:08 pm

When I try to use a "multiple airport" apt.dat in TerraGear with "All Airports within area" or All airports in an apt.dat file" selected, only a few of the airports are generated and appear in the AirportObj directory, yet I get the full "100%" success bar displayed in TerraGear. I have tried the uncompressed apt.dat that comes with FlightGear (apt.dat.gz) and it, too, generates many, but not all airports. Do the "All Airports within area" and "All airports in an apt.dat file" work or is it necessary to generate each airport individually?

The airport files I've tried in TerraGear have passed validation before being exported. My goal is to generate a new apt.dat, with recently downloaded X-Plane Scenery Gateway airports, then generate the scenery.

Any suggestions as to why this is not working properly will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
pb321

Version: 2020.4.0

Re: Generating a Multiple Airport apt.dat in TerraGear

Postby cossack90 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:37 pm

Wow really now help? I have the same question...
Pilot of VOXY AIRLINES
WIP: Project Ukraine
cossack90

Callsign: UR-AOK / VOX0001
Version: 2018

Postby pb321 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:00 am

Ended up entering airports one by one after first file was added ( incomplete ). Will try splitting up first file into many files and adding those one after the other. According to one person I communicated with, the problem is caused by a "bad" airport entry in the file. I'm at a loss as to what is bad, as Wed indicated all was valid..
pb321

Version: 2020.4.0

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:09 am

FWIW: valid data doesn't mean it isn't wrong... in most cases, "valid" means it meets certain base criteria... like numbers where numbers are expected and letters where letters are expected...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Scenery