Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

Customer Scenery: Failed to load OBJECT_SHARED

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Customer Scenery: Failed to load OBJECT_SHARED

Postby powoflight » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:08 am

I using Win7 and FG 2017.2.1, but this happens to older version too back to FG 3.6RC

For example if i use Changi WSSS-CustomScenery , i get this errors in the console window
Code: Select all
 Path "D:/FG/SC/customScenery201609/WSSS/Objects/e100n00/e103n01/4642519.stg": Failed to load OBJECT_SHARED 'Models/Maritime/Misc/Buoy-IsolatedDanger.ac'
Path "D:/FG/SC/customScenery201609/WSSS/Objects/e100n00/e103n01/4642519.stg": Failed to load OBJECT_SHARED 'Models/Maritime/Misc/Buoy-Conical-Green.ac'
Path "D:/FG/SC/customScenery201609/WSSS/Objects/e100n00/e103n01/4642519.stg": Failed to load OBJECT_SHARED 'Models/Airport/MultiFlightLeeds.xml'
Path "D:/FG/SC/customScenery201609/WSSS/Terrain/e100n00/e103n01/4642519.stg": Failed to load OBJECT_SHARED 'Models/Airport/windsock.xml'
Path "D:/FG/SC/customScenery201609/WSSS/Terrain/e100n00/e103n01/4642519.stg": Failed to load OBJECT_SHARED 'Models/Airport/windsock_lit.xml'
Path "D:/FG/SC/customScenery201609/WSSS/Terrain/e100n00/e103n01/4642519.stg": Failed to load OBJECT_SHARED 'Models/Airport/beacon.xml'
savexml: writing to 'Path "C:/Users/Bernhard/AppData/Roaming/flightgear.org/runtime-jetways/2.xml"' denied (unauthorized directory - authorization no longer follows symlinks)

I have a Directory with scenery-2.0.1 called D:\FG\SC\SC_HD.
Updated by the newest Terramaster.
Here i have all directories like Airports, Models, Objects and Terrain
In the Models Directory I have the missed/Failed Models like Airport/windsock.xml etc.

If i copy the missed Models to
D:\FG\FlightGear2017_2_1\data\Models\..
then it works.
This happens to other CustomScenery too.

Here is my Start.bat file

"D:\FG\FlightGear2017_2_1\bin\fgfs.exe"^
     --fg-root=D:\FG\FlightGear2017_2_1\data^
  --fg-scenery=D:\FG\FlightGear2017_2_1\data\Scenery;^
  --fg-scenery=D:\FG\SC\customScenery201609\WSSS;^
  --fg-scenery=D:\FG\SC\SC_HD^
--terrasync-dir=D:\FG\SC\Terrasync^
  --fg-aircraft=D:\FG\Aircraft^
  --airport=WSSS^
  --runway=26L^
  --aircraft=A320-200-CFM^

Maybe somebody know why this happens?
Sorry for my bad english...
powoflight

Version: 2020.1

Re: Customer Scenery: Failed to load OBJECT_SHARED

Postby Thorsten » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:27 am

The custom scenery refers to a Model location that is no longer supported by FG - shared models are no longer distributed with FGData but with the scenery via terrasync.

The change has been made at least a year ago, and the official scenery has been adapted accordingly - however custom sceneries which have not been updated refer to the wrong location and are hence broken.
Thorsten

Postby powoflight » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:38 pm

Where i can find informations, what i have to change to customer scenery. Because i have made some customer sceneries for austria and they doesnt work too.
powoflight

Postby Thorsten » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:09 pm

Basically you need to change the file path everywhere.
Thorsten

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:13 pm

FWIW: i'm not sure i understand... i do understand about the path having been changed from FGData to terrasync but here's one thing that i found...

i chose a tile, just happened to be e000n0/e000n0 because it is the very first one in my terrasync directory... inside that tile directory is 2954880.stg... it contains one item...
OBJECT_SHARED Models/Maritime/Civilian/MPPShip.ac 0 0 0 0

so i jumped into the UFO and flew down there and yes, there is one ship there at that location...

what is confusing me is that the path for this object starts off the same as the ones shown above... the only difference i see is that where "Models" used to reside in FGData but it now resides in terrasync... this move should still be workable in a custom scenery setup as long as terrasync/Models exists OR custom_scenery/Models exists if i understand the scenery path searching properly...

BUT here's a twist... in FGData, i still have a Models/Civilian directory and it contains a MPPShip.xml file that references different lights on the ship and also markes the ship as "<enable-hot>true</enable-hot>"... that makes me wonder if some things have not been moved out of FGData that should be or maybe some things were moved out that should not be... the ship that i'm looking at does not exhibit any lights as referenced in the xml that i can see and since i'm in the UFO, "enable-hot" doesn't matter so i can't test that by trying to land on or crash into the ship...

in the following, TSScenery is my terrasync directory...
myuser@mymachine:~$ find . -type f -name "MPPShip*"
./myflightgear/TSScenery/Models/Maritime/Civilian/MPPShip.png
./myflightgear/TSScenery/Models/Maritime/Civilian/MPPShip.ac
./flightgear-dev/fgdata-ng/Models/Maritime/Civilian/MPPShip.xml

so i'm confused... does this FGData/Models/Maritime/Civilian/MPPShip.xml file need to be moved to terrasync?

"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:45 pm

i was kind of rushed before but i've had a little more time to look at what i thought i was pointing out in my previous message above... it seems that the MPPShip.xml file i found is for the Maritime-Pre-Positioning-Ship.ac file which does exist in FGData but is not referenced anywhere on secnery.flightgear.org AFAICS... the filename threw me off... even though it is the same name as the MPPShip.ac file, it is for a different vessel...

sorry for that part of the noise :oops:

but i'm still confused about the path names in the stg files... since in my example and the OP's example the paths are consistent but the objects are now actually found in terrasync's Models directory, i'm guessing that in custom scenery these paths have to be referenced in another manner... the question is what path would that be?
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby powoflight » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:06 am

i'm guessing that in custom scenery these paths have to be referenced in another manner... the question is what path would that be?

I agree with you .

Thorsten read
Basically you need to change the file path everywhere.

But as you said: the question is what path would that be?
powoflight

Postby Thorsten » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:22 am

I dunno - I'm not a scenery person, I just remember that the change was made.
Thorsten

Postby powoflight » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:43 pm

I have made a dirty hack.

I made a softlinks from Scenery directory
D:\FG\SC\SC_HD\Models/Aircraft
D:\FG\SC\SC_HD\Models/Airport
etc.
to
D:\FG\FlightGear2017_2_1\data\Models/Aircraft
D:\FG\FlightGear2017_2_1\data\Models/Airport
Now it works. But is this the final solution?
powoflight

Return to Scenery