Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

Problem with Azov sea

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Problem with Azov sea

Postby Anarcho-pilot » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:16 am

Hello!
There is a deep-blue surface with white dots instead of water of Azov sea near Kirylivka, Ukraine. See below:
Where can I report this, and is it possible to fix it in the oficcial scenery?
Last edited by Anarcho-pilot on Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:11 am, edited 7 times in total.
Anarcho-pilot

Re: Problem with Azov sea

Postby Anarcho-pilot » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:46 am

How can I insert images? I uploaded them on my Google Drive, then made them public via following urls: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6UQ5W ... sp=sharing and https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6UQ5W ... sp=sharing
In my post I typed [imag]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6UQ5WW3e1kaUWVjQmExVWV2Snc/view?usp=sharing[/img] and [imag]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6UQ5WW3e1kaTmpfc0N3X2haREE/view?usp=sharing[/img] (whithout "a" before url) but the only thing we can see is the word "image". Please help me!
Last edited by Anarcho-pilot on Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anarcho-pilot

Postby Thorsten » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:25 am

Seems like the lake is frozen...
Thorsten

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:04 pm

yup! looks like a frozen lake with broken ice floating about on it from here, too...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Anarcho-pilot » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:46 am

Yes, it really looks like frozen lake with floating ice, but it's condition doesn't depend on ground textures (summer/winter) or date of flight. It is always frosen. The water of the nearby liman displays correctly:
Here is the compare of Azov water and frozen water with winter textures:
And the Compare of Azov water and water with floating ice cover:
As you can see, there is a big difference in both cases.
Last edited by Anarcho-pilot on Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Anarcho-pilot

Postby Thorsten » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:48 am

Probably it's misclassified in the geo-database that has been used to create that part of the world as packice (or so) and FG just faithfully mapped the landclass to the texture.
Thorsten

Postby bugman » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:01 am

Google drive cannot be used for images posted here. You could try to use imgur.com, for example, as you don't even need an account to upload an image and show it here.

Regards,
Edward
bugman

Version: next

Postby Anarcho-pilot » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:25 am

Thorsten wrote in Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:48 am:Probably it's misclassified in the geo-database that has been used to create that part of the world as packice (or so) and FG just faithfully mapped the landclass to the texture.

Seems to be. So, I've got a major question which mentions this topic: is it possible to make some changes and improvements to the official (which is distributing via TerraSync) scenery (I'm talking only about terrain, not objects) between new releases (v1.0, v2.0 etc.)? For example, nowadays in TerraSync scenery the shoreline near Golden Gates Bridge, San-Francisko is more accurate than in the first realease of Word Scenery 2.0 which is located here: http://ns334561.ip-5-196-65.eu/~fgscene ... 2.0.1.html Also for today the road under this bridge has been removed.
Last edited by Anarcho-pilot on Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Anarcho-pilot

Postby Anarcho-pilot » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:22 am

bugman wrote in Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:01 am:Google drive cannot be used for images posted here. You could try to use imgur.com, for example, as you don't even need an account to upload an image and show it here.

Regards,
Edward

Thank you Edward! The problem with my screenshots is solved. Mega and Ukr.net eDisk cannot be used too.
Anarcho-pilot

Postby Zequinha » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:37 am

Yep, FlightGear scenery is not perfect! I myself also found a few missclassified landclasses and a missing island in Portugal. But the world is so big, one cannot reasonably expect others to have a look at a scenery problem in a particular region.

So, the best way to help with this is to get your hands dirty and help the project: http://wiki.flightgear.org/Scenery_enhancement

There are many ways you can help from modelling buildings or aircraft in Blender to enhance terrain scenary!

So, if you choose to help the project, have a look at the link I sent you and choose an area you think you could help. Then come back here with questions, these folks are amazing and always willing to help! :)
Zequinha

Postby Anarcho-pilot » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:07 pm

Thanks, Zequinha! I'll take a look.
Anarcho-pilot

Return to Scenery