Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

UK osm buildings via TerraSync

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Re: UK osm buildings via TerraSync

Postby pommesschranke » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:27 am

First I saw it near EGKK and EGTD
Today I see it at EGLL too.

I double checked that I only use terrasync and no other scenery folder.

Inspecting the issue in wireframe view, I'd say it's duplicate objects. It looks like the same house with 6 different elevations.

please have a look at the latest 4 pictures in this album:
http://www.23hq.com/laserman/album/17753165

The good news: not all of UK is affected. EGHI is fine, except for one building with z-fighting of 2 different textures because of building parts in OSM. London city is fine, too.

At EGLL we have another issue, which is partly my fault, because I uploaded the Terminal 5 buildings as one object and not as 3 or 5 or 100 (every little gate satellite building)

I understand that the current osm2city code does not know airport boundaries. Generally I like the idea of putting OSM buildings (only flat roofs, please) on _empty_ airports.
pommesschranke

Callsign: d-laser
IRC name: laserman
Version: git

Postby vanosten » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:59 pm

pommesschranke wrote in Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:27 am:Generally I like the idea of putting OSM buildings (only flat roofs, please) on _empty_ airports.

Actually not entirely true. Apt.dat data for runways is used to make sure no roads cross and no houses on runways/helipads. So if you can define what you exactly mean by "boundary", then some stuff can be done (like only flat roofs, only "modern" facades, ...). Well at least I can put it into my backlog ...
Maintaining osm2city. Contributing with ground attack stuff to the OPRF FlightGear military-simulation community.
vanosten

Pronouns: he/his
Callsign: HB-VANO
Version: latest

Postby paju1986 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:12 pm

for avoiding having buildings mergin with static models i suggest to regenerate the region with the latest version of osm2city and adding the parameters

OVERLAP_CHECK_CONVEX_HULL=True
OVERLAP_CHECK_CH_BUFFER_STATIC=15

to the params.ini.

That worked for me on Spain and Portugal.

Regards!
paju1986

Previous

Return to Scenery