Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

Maintain your local Scenery via TerraSync

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Re: Maintain your local Scenery via TerraSync

Postby Johan G » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:10 pm

vinyalot wrote in Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:39 pm:I am also stuck at K. Terrasync downloaded all airports from A to K with no problems, but at K it stops.

I have a similar problem, tough only with K and L. The console says something like "Working copy <path> is locked", and there doesn't seem to be anything downloaded for those two directories. Strange thing is that those airports actually get downloaded anyway. If I remember to push the "Refresh" button on the airport list page in FGRun I can start from them and they are there in FlightGear. I know for sure that I didn't download that tile before, as I flew towards that area before I prefetched it, only to find "the end of the world". (I usually don't have TerraSync switched on while flying)
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby HHS » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:44 pm

I am also stuck at K. Terrasync downloaded all airports from A to K with no problems, but at K it stops.

I think this was a bug which has been solved in the meantime and is available in GIT.
But as Johan G. stated you though have those airports.

Depending on the the details of the scenery (many buildings) and speed of internet connection it may need a while to download the wished scenery.

When downloading a new airport you have to refresh the airport list in FGRun.
I use the ufo to fly to the wished airports- the download will be initialized. When downloaded I sart FGFS again with the aircraft I want to use.
Up, up and away
HHS

Version: GIT

Postby Vinura » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:38 pm

Vinura

Postby gooneybird » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:15 am

Johan G wrote in Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:10 pm:
vinyalot wrote in Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:39 pm:I am also stuck at K. Terrasync downloaded all airports from A to K with no problems, but at K it stops.

I have a similar problem, tough only with K and L. The console says something like "Working copy <path> is locked"

I got around the problem by deleting the relevant airport folders in the terraSync/Airports directory (i.e. FlightGear/terrasync/Airports/K) and rerun TerraSync.
My Github repository (mostly AI stuff) https://github.com/gooneybird47
gooneybird

Postby Vinura » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:24 am

But I get the error saying the file is corrupted and unreadable or something.

Any solutions to that?
Vinura

Postby jamied_uk » Sat May 28, 2011 3:01 pm

i am glad you posted im confused in how on linux using flightgear how to setup terrasync its showing sea instead of land plz help i want to race around mp map and i cant land :/
jamied_uk

Callsign: Multimedia
Version: 191

Postby macnab » Fri May 03, 2013 5:37 am

Where/how does one download the latest version of terrasync (and if needed terramaster)? Even the terrasync wiki doesn't say how to get/update it.
macnab

Callsign: ZS-ILH
Version: Git

Postby f-ojac » Fri May 03, 2013 6:36 am

TerraSync is a binary included in FlightGear, so it's shipped with it, that's why the wiki does not say how to get it.
The data itself is hosted on a svn server, but you don't have to configure it either, as it's also already done.
You just have to set a directory where the TerraSync data will be locally downloaded, and then just enable it.
f-ojac

Postby macnab » Fri May 03, 2013 6:45 am

Using 2.11 updated every few days. 64bit.

My version of terrasync is dated 07/02/2013. Through Terramaster, it is downloading only Objects and Terrain, no Models. This seems to be a bug, or there is something wrong with my setup. I used to get Models, I used to copy them to the data/models folder. That was quite recent (a week ago maybe). So it looks as though something is funny with my system, not terrasync.

I assume terramaster does use terrasync.exe, or does it have its own code?

Terrasync is not currently included in the daily Jenkins build, updated today.
macnab

Postby f-ojac » Fri May 03, 2013 8:36 am

macnab wrote in Fri May 03, 2013 6:45 am:My version of terrasync is dated 07/02/2013. Through Terramaster, it is downloading only Objects and Terrain, no Models.

TerraMaster has nothing to do with TerraSync.
TerraSync is entirely automatic, you have nothing to copy or modify. Check your Terrasync directory.
macnab wrote in Fri May 03, 2013 6:45 am:Terrasync is not currently included in the daily Jenkins build, updated today.

You mean the binary, then?
f-ojac

Postby macnab » Fri May 03, 2013 8:44 am

Yes, I mean the binary for terrasync. Can't find any other way fo getting it short fo downloading V2.10.

After I had finished with Terramaster, I then ran terrasync from withing FG at one of the airports. This created the Models folder, and now running Terramaster again is updating the Models. Seems Terrmaster just didn't want to start doing Models by itself. Weird.
macnab

Postby f-ojac » Fri May 03, 2013 8:51 am

Use Terramaster OR Terrasync. You seem to mix and confuse about both.
f-ojac

Postby macnab » Fri May 03, 2013 9:01 am

I always use TerraMaster. It stopped downloading Models after I cleaned out my terrasync folder to start from scratch. No models is not much use. So I used terrasync (as an experiment) to see of that would get Models. It did. And now TerraMaster also gets Models. Will now continue using only TerraMaster, seeing as it is now working properly.
macnab

Postby f-ojac » Fri May 03, 2013 9:07 am

Terramaster is to view and download manually the terrain, not the models !! It is the equivalent of a local http://www.flightgear.org/legacy-Downlo ... v2.10.html
Terrasync is wider, as it also downloads the models from scenemodels, and the latest up to date objects. If you use terramaster, you won't get the latest, but the ones at the date the .tar.gz was created, ie at each FG version.
f-ojac

Postby macnab » Fri May 03, 2013 9:26 am

In other words, terrasync is better, even if I have to wait a bit to go to an airport/area I have never been before.

I regularly update from scenemodels anyway, but I need terrasync to update Objects so that FG knows that they have been placed?
macnab

PreviousNext

Return to Scenery