Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

Sharing airport layouts

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Re: Sharing airport layouts

Postby surpii » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:26 am

I meant that both have new layouts:

http://www.filedropper.com/zgggbtg
http://www.filedropper.com/factbtg

FACT works perfectly
surpii

Postby rooman » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:14 pm

LSGL is quite flyable you're right but one day I'll improve and correct it all :-)
I fly with v3.4 for Mageia Linux but am not sure where to check which version of Terrasync is used.
Scenery creation looks good but a little complicated, I've been absent from FG a while and will need motivation to get started!
Grew up with Dr Who then discovered Monty Python and Middle Earth. The world was never the same.
rooman

Callsign: HB-ROO
Version: Next + LTS

Postby rominet » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:22 pm

I am not part of the scenery maintainance team, but AFAIK:

The TerraSync client has been built into FlightGear for quite some time (2012 or so, I'd say). Therefore, normally, you shouldn't worry about which TerraSync version you are using. This is speaking of the TerraSync client software. If you are talking about the TerraSync data, well, it comes from a Subversion repository (“SVN”) so far, therefore there are many revisions but the TerraSync client should always download the latest changes for you and thus automatically show you the latest revision.

Now, sometimes the TerraSync servers have temporary problems, in which case (with recent FG at least, I don't know for older ones) it is possible to temporary choose a different server. Normally, the server contacted by your client is automatically chosen in order to balance the load on the different servers, which is why any explicit choice for the server must be temporary, short of thwarting the automatic load-balancing mechanism.

Finally, the (only?) TerraSync server used to be hosted on googlecode.com for a long time, but it has been closed with googlecode.com. And it was hardcoded into FG (at least without any explicit override)—not using the load-balancing mechanism. Therefore, users of at least moderately old FG versions cannot use TerraSync with the default settings, because their built-in client tries to connect to the server on googlecode that has been shut down. I don't know if this is the case with FG 3.4, someone will have to confirm.
rominet

Callsign: F-KATS
Version: Git next

Postby Joe Araujo » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:07 am

now SEQM SECU SEGS and SERO these airports have a little work to realize them advice that I did visit with models fgdata
Joe Araujo

Postby butlert743 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:51 pm

After lots of thinking, I got to work on remodeling the Atlanta airport. Right now, I have just finished the Maynard H. Jackson Int'l Terminal, and I'm eager to see what you think! But, there's one problem. I can't get it into FG, due to school restrictions (I'm using my school's laptop). If I PM the model to said-person, can they input it to FG? Thanks!
butlert743

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:12 pm

Sure, send it to me, and I'll use the UFO to position it.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby butlert743 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:45 am

legoboyvdlp, sure! just some finishing touches, and it will be done. If you can get rid of the models already in place where the terminal will be, that'd be great. The model already has jetways and aircraft. Just gonna put in some GSE, and it will look SO much better!
butlert743

Postby HoolateToChunk » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:19 am

Hi All:
I have modeled these airports by adding terminals, towers, aircraft, hangars, lights, and trees. -- KIAH KJAC, KPBI, PHLI, PHNL, and PHTO
For KPHX someone, a few years ago, had custom made a terminal, tower, and parking decks. To this I added aircraft, hangars, bushes, lights, and cars to present an active airport.
For KSLC someone had already custom made a terminal. To this I added aircraft, hangars, bushes, lights, cars and other items to present an active airport.

All of the above airports may be downloaded via TerraSync .
Hope you enjoy!!
Airports: KMCO, KJAX, KSAV, KBHM, KBNA, KBZN, KRDU, KCHS, KIAH, KJAC,KPBI, PHNL, PHLI, PHTO, KPHX(shared), KSLC(shared)
HoolateToChunk

Postby rominet » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:08 am

Thanks for your work!
rominet

Callsign: F-KATS
Version: Git next

Postby Catalanoic » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:16 pm

Thanks HoolateToChunk! More airports back to life!
Catalanoic

Callsign: Catalanoic
Version: 2017.3

Postby pommesschranke » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:52 pm

well done!

very creative (re-)use of terminal buildings from other airports, yachting piers, blue containers and road-bridges at KIAH ;-)

But please don't put static aircraft on taxiways. (seen at KJAC and PHNL)
pommesschranke

Callsign: d-laser
IRC name: laserman
Version: git

Postby HoolateToChunk » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:07 pm

Thanks for the comments!

pommesschranke, yes finding the usable combination of items is not easy. I have no experience using Blender or other graphic design. I would like for someone to develop some short sections of roads (curves and straight pieces) that could be used around the terminal and parking decks. That would add to the feel.
Airports: KMCO, KJAX, KSAV, KBHM, KBNA, KBZN, KRDU, KCHS, KIAH, KJAC,KPBI, PHNL, PHLI, PHTO, KPHX(shared), KSLC(shared)
HoolateToChunk

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:41 am

pommesschranke wrote in Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:52 pm:But please don't put static aircraft on taxiways. (seen at KJAC and PHNL)

i can agree with that! put them off to the side somewhere but not on taxiways or in parking spaces... then get in the way of spawning and AI having enough spots to operate from... at elast one airport, i can't remember which, really jacks the c172p around when trying to spawn in parking because someone places all kinds of cargo boxes and stuff in the way... AI airliners don't have problems in those spots but our craft do...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby HoolateToChunk » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:12 pm

Thanks for the heads-up on the AI and taxiways. I have deleted those aircraft blocking taxiways. It will take a day or two for this change to get thru the system.
HoolateToChunk

Postby zacarias » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:13 am

If Flightgear (and, I presume, Terrasync) is using the X-Plane gateway, why are there so many airports in the X-plane gateway that don't show up in Flightgear, and others that show up but they're not built up (there's just the runways), although they are built-up in X-Plane'
FG 2017.3.1
LinuxMint 18 Cinnamon 64-bit
Processor AMD A8-6600K
Graphics Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti
zacarias

PreviousNext

Return to Scenery