Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

Sharing airport layouts

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Re: Sharing airport layouts

Postby HoolateToChunk » Mon May 18, 2015 9:00 pm

Thanks. I had flown into each airport weeks ago and thought they felt lonely since they were so empty. Now they feel a little more like an airport.
Airports: KMCO, KJAX, KSAV, KBHM, KBNA, KBZN, KRDU, KCHS, KIAH, KJAC,KPBI, PHNL, PHLI, PHTO, KPHX(shared), KSLC(shared)
HoolateToChunk

Postby pommesschranke » Mon May 18, 2015 9:29 pm

very nice !
all those sky trains in Orlando,
the terminal building at KJAX: I'll try to fly thru that :-)

KSAV: some planes park on the taxiway :(
(on the yellow line).
switch the time to "Dusk" and you'll see the blue lights too.
pommesschranke

Callsign: d-laser
IRC name: laserman
Version: git

Postby HoolateToChunk » Tue May 19, 2015 12:52 am

Thank you. My first airport to model was KBZN in Bozeman Montanna. It is a very small airport located about 50 miles north of Yellowstone National Park. I flew in there once or twice on my way to visit Yellowstone. It is surrounded by mountains.
Airports: KMCO, KJAX, KSAV, KBHM, KBNA, KBZN, KRDU, KCHS, KIAH, KJAC,KPBI, PHNL, PHLI, PHTO, KPHX(shared), KSLC(shared)
HoolateToChunk

Postby HoolateToChunk » Tue May 19, 2015 3:38 pm

I have added buildings and aircraft to KRDU Raleigh Durham International airport located in North Carolina. Like the others airports listed previously, this installation is a complete model as no buildings were previously installed here. It may be downloaded via TerraSync. I hope it adds to your enjoyment of flightgear.
HoolateToChunk

Postby wkitty42 » Tue May 19, 2015 6:10 pm

YAY! KRDU... that's in my area ;)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby HoolateToChunk » Thu May 21, 2015 4:26 pm

I have added buildings and aircraft to KCHS Charleston International airport located in South Carolina. Like the others airports I have listed, this installation is a complete model as no buildings were previously installed here. It may be downloaded via TerraSync. I hope it adds to your enjoyment of flightgear.
HoolateToChunk

Postby D-ECHO » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:53 pm

Can anyone tell me how long it takes between submission of scenery and availability of scenery in flightgear?
Because I've uploaded a new version of LFHU quite a long time ago (17 Feb 2015) and it still doesn't apper in fg (terrasync enabled).
I also noticed that the airport layouts shown-up in "mapserver.flightgear.org" (wenn having "Airport Layouts v10" enabled) don't appear in fg (instead the v9.0 ones do)
So can anyone hep me?
Regards
;)
D-ECHO

Pronouns: Bea (she/her)
Version: next

Postby f-ojac » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:33 pm

This is quite normal. The terrain is not generated "on the fly", but once every two or three years. We hope to make it better, but the only action of rebuilding the world scenery takes weeks...
There will *probably* be a new FG scenery before the end of the year, if everything goes smoothly enough (not too many bugs, etc.).
Next world scenery should be using 10.40 apt.dat. That's why it shoes on mapserver (so we can build the terrain ;-) ) while, in TS, it's still the former one.
f-ojac

Version: GIT

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:38 pm

So will my svmi layout be in TS? It is in the XPLANE site. Maybe it will have to wait for a new arpt .dat?
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO

Postby f-ojac » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:32 am

It will, once the apt.dat file we receive is updated. If it's updated on the mapserver, then you'll probably get it with the next build.
f-ojac

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:44 am

righto thanks where can I look?
legoboyvdlp

Postby f-ojac » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:53 am

Look for what? Current layout for SVMI is this one: http://mapserver.flightgear.org/map/?lo ... FFTFFFFFFF . This is what will be built.
f-ojac

Postby pommesschranke » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:04 pm

Most people don't have the genapts850 tool and the raw elevation data to convert a apt.dat airport layout into a ICAO.btg.gz
That's why I make the ones that I have publicly available.

The layouts were pulled from http://gateway.x-plane.com/ and converted to btg.gz with genapts850 version 2.1.0.
Source for the elevation data is http://viewfinderpanoramas.org/

Check out the AirportObj.txt file or browse the folder structure on github to see if "your" airport is included.
I will try to include all airports that are marked as "3D" on the gateway (and also included in Project3000)

Today the AirportObj repo contains 1926 airports.

Depending on the "airport hole" in Scenery 2.0 the new airport layout will fit or not fit into your terrain. You have to try that yourself.

https://github.com/mherweg/AirportObj
pommesschranke

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:28 pm

Hi Pommesankre

I have been working on making RJCJ nicer and updating RJCC with signs (unique airports.... two airports joined by taxiways!!)

This is for the Festival of FlightGear 2016.

I am just wondering.... how often if ever do you update the airports? I see RJCC in the list.

I have **not** submitted to the gateway yet.

Finally, can you confirm if "Project3000" appears on RJCC in your FlightGear? I do not see any structures on the airport, yet, the local .stg has several, and it is a 3D airport in WED.

I will also think about converting the airport buildings from OSM to AC.... not sure....
legoboyvdlp

Postby pommesschranke » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:51 pm

how often if ever do you update the airports?

Whenever I feel like.
I have no plan or schedule.

I'd like to improve the "Airport Web Generator" http://scenery.flightgear.org/tgweb/
so that it will generate layouts with correct elevations. ...someday in the future, if the owner/admin of the new server agrees.

can you confirm if "Project3000" appears on RJCC in your FlightGear?

yes, I can confirm. Jetways, lights, trucks ...
pommesschranke

PreviousNext

Return to Scenery