Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

osm2city.py development

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Re: osm2city.py development

Postby ludomotico » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:33 pm

A docker image would be greatly appreciated, just like the terragear docker image.

In fact, it seems to me that creating a docker image that executes easy-osm2city would be "easy". I'll give it a try.
ludomotico

Version: nightly

Postby merspieler » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:40 pm

Would be great...

I've started packing my easy-osm2city into podman(docker) images... never completed it tho cause I couldn't figure out how to run the container in the way I wanted to.
Be the change you wish to see in the world, be an ally to all! Love is the answer.

If everything is going against you, keep in mind that airplanes take off against the wind, not with it.
merspieler

Callsign: JST935. ORI1711
IRC name: merspieler
Version: next

Postby vanosten » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:06 pm

merspieler wrote in Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:32 am:no, I didn't do that... but the trees have very distinct colors so I can easily tell osm trees apart from the random ones.

Also I've done a clean build with the same result.

You were right, I mixed up x/y in bounds. Corrected. I will update the reference materials for trees another day.
Maintaining osm2city. Contributing with ground attack stuff to the OPRF FlightGear military-simulation community.
vanosten

Callsign: HB-VANO
Version: latest

Postby merspieler » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:20 pm

works now, thank you very much...
Be the change you wish to see in the world, be an ally to all! Love is the answer.

If everything is going against you, keep in mind that airplanes take off against the wind, not with it.
merspieler

Callsign: JST935. ORI1711
IRC name: merspieler
Version: next

Postby vanosten » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:35 pm

Newest version now uses tree definitions from FG materials -> should lead to more regionalized and in some areas smaller trees (e.g. suburban).

Just remember: trees = versions after 2020.3.x LTS
Maintaining osm2city. Contributing with ground attack stuff to the OPRF FlightGear military-simulation community.
vanosten

Postby vanosten » Sat May 22, 2021 11:42 am

FYI: osm2city development has not halted - it just will take time to get ready with new textures for roofs and facades. I am currently working on the infrastructure to support several texture atlases, which will enable the use of a larger set of textures.
vanosten

Previous

Return to Scenery