Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

Scenery webtools (adding, editing, deleting objects&models).

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Re: Scenery webtools (adding, editing, deleting objects&mode

Postby VicMar » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:11 am

Hi pommesschranke,

This problem with the dots not turning into arrowheads has now been sorted out. Update of models is available again.

Cheers,

Vic
Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana
VicMar

Callsign: VicMar
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby jsb » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:45 pm

Hi,
I would like to submit an update to Models/Airport/Pushback/Goldhofert.xml
Unfortunately the model includes submodels and I can put only one set of files in the form on http://scenemodels.flightgear.org/
Is it a problem? What is the best way to submit the update?
jsb

Callsign: D-JSB
Version: next

Postby VicMar » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:03 pm

What are your changes/updates going to do?

If you will be using the same .xml file the sub-models will still be there, but if you need to change the .xml file make sure the sub-model inputs are left in.

You don't have to resubmit the sub-models because they already exist in the scenery database and the <model></model> just calls for them to be used..

Vic
Time flies like an arrow
VicMar

Postby jsb » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:14 pm

I just found the Goldhofert has a fixed max degree that does not match my aircraft so I add a param (keeping the old value as default) so I can overlay it.

Upload failed! .ac file is to large.
Can I send the xml via email?
jsb

Postby VicMar » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:37 pm

If the file is too big you must be doing something that makes it too big. Sending the file to the scenery team would mean a special routine would have to be developed to make the system accept it. The limit is there for a reason, so we have to keep under the maximum size.

Have you tried to see if you can contact the original author to see if your update can be done another way?
Time flies like an arrow
VicMar

Postby jsb » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:27 pm

Well I just selected the untouched ac file from my local FG/data.
I would send the xml only, but I can't as I believe this would kill the other files on the server.

Message is:
"The file "Goldhofert.ac" is bigger than this server installation allows."
jsb

Postby VicMar » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:11 pm

I suggest you contact Gijs de Rooy, who is the author of this vehicle.

Tell him what you are wanting to do and ask if he can either do it for you, or tell you how to get such a large file into the models system.

HTH

Vic
Time flies like an arrow
VicMar

Postby flydaddit » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:09 am

Hi,

I receive the second mail confirming the import:
For reference, the ID of this request is '11303' (model and object)
and it is named 'Hangar_20x18m_Rond'.

But i confirm, i am the autor.

Sincerely.
flydaddit

Version: 2017.1.3

Postby pommesschranke » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:41 am

the magic of blender's "limited dissolve"
from 3061288 to 1579233 bytes

http://media.lug-marl.de/flightgear/Mod ... /Pushback/
Goldhofer-new.ac

but it's not perfect
I noticed 2 minor glitches in the UV-map and one little missing face in the front
that need manual fixing.
pommesschranke

Callsign: d-laser
IRC name: laserman
Version: git

Postby jsb » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:00 pm

I retried to upload the files and I noticed some minor changes to the web form (to improve usability I guess) :)
However, now I get no feedback at all, no error, no positive, no email. Just a "Loading please wait..." that disappears w/o comment after some seconds.
jsb

Postby JVC » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:10 pm

Hi jsb,

I thought this was finally fixed but it seems there are still some case when this bug happens again.
Can you tell what browser are you using? Don't know if this is really the reason but I hope to be able to reproduce it.
JVC

Postby Müller » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:56 pm

I sent three models(SBTE_Radome, SBJP_Tower, SBJP_Terminal) on the 30th of September and do not appear in TerraSync, and models of other authors previously sent are listed, and the other model (durdle.ac) that was sent on the same day is also appearing.
The 3 models I sent are not in this link (http://scenery.flightgear.org/websvn/lo ... F&&isdir=1), I understand that should be appearing on this link for is possible to download by TerraSync.
I7-8700k - MSi Z370 Plus Sli - Galax RTX 2070 - G.Skill 16gb 3000mhz - SSD MX 500 -500gb, Hd 1tb Seagate, HD 2tb Wd - WC Corsair H100iv2 - Corsair RM 650 - Monitor 24'' Asus - Gab.Aerocool 800
Müller

Postby Müller » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:45 pm

I will speak honestly, I like working models for fun hobby.
TerraSync, too good to share my work, but I live very well without the TS, for me (I already mentioned earlier in another topic), it is easier not work GPL, and also becomes much facill post a link in the Forum with the files of the models I work instead of sending the TS, I have worked 300 models for Brazil and all sent to the scenario, I think I've done enough for the scenario in Brazil.
And speaking again honestly, I do not expect and will not wait any scenario team response, this fact above has happened other times. This becomes tiring and I'm not in FG to annoy me, on the contrary, I'm here to have fun in.
If any of the scenario team are interested in solving the question posted above feel free, and they do not happen to have an interest in resolving, for me it's all ok
I7-8700k - MSi Z370 Plus Sli - Galax RTX 2070 - G.Skill 16gb 3000mhz - SSD MX 500 -500gb, Hd 1tb Seagate, HD 2tb Wd - WC Corsair H100iv2 - Corsair RM 650 - Monitor 24'' Asus - Gab.Aerocool 800
Müller

Postby f-ojac » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:43 am

The scenery team is not that big, Emerson, you know it's most of the time just 1 person validating the models. Just check the number of models and objects. Over 2200 models were submitted that way since the webforms were created. Do not thing that there is no interest in answering your question. Forums is the proper place to ask such questions. However, I just checked your post today in Europe, as I just woke up, and there may be some other models waiting in the validation queue just before you, so that might be the answer.
Of course it's easier not to bother with the GPL and send download links in the forum. However, all of us know and have noticed by the past what happens with those kind of posts: they disappear, it's very hard to keep synced with them when they evolve (ie: you have to download them manually) and if the elevation of the terrain evolves the model elevation doesn't change with it.
That's why TS was built. It's something very special other sims don't have, sure it's always too long to wait for the models to come back with TS. But I'm happy to see models and objects I pushed years ago in TS still being here without having to check about their elevation or backup.
Note that there is currently an issue with TS downloading data, so you should really check whether your models were validated (ie : in the database) or in the database but not being seen through Terrasync.
Last edited by f-ojac on Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
f-ojac

Version: GIT

Postby VicMar » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:13 am

Hi Emerson (Muller),

Please don't think it is only your models which are not available through TerraSync.

There is a problem at the present time which may take a while to solve. I have some updates which are also stuck. The changes appear in the scenery map, but the models still show in their old positions in FG.

In fairness, TerraSync does say your models will be available via TerraSync in a few days. Perhaps us modellers have become accustomed to our inputs being available in TerraSync the day after input, but when there is a problem someone with better system access than mine has to find the time in their busy schedule to cure the problem.

I'm sure our submitted models will appear before too long. Please be patient and keep submitting rather than making custom scenery batches.

Cheers,

Vic
Time flies like an arrow
VicMar

PreviousNext

Return to Scenery