Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

Scenery webtools (adding, editing, deleting objects&models).

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Re: Scenery webtools (adding, editing, deleting objects).

Postby VicMar » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:03 pm

Just spotted something else:

When I tried to input a model with it's origin below zero, the script told me it wouldn't accept the '-' in the elevation field.

Sometimes, like when a building's origin is actually below sea level (Such as EGKA airport models), it is necessary to have a minus figure in the elevation field.

Vic
Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana
VicMar

Callsign: VicMar
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby VicMar » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:17 pm

Yep. It was that 'T' that caused it.

Something else which was rejected, but I have managed to adjust:

Normally my .xml file start with " <?xml version="1.0"?> ", but the script wants " <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

Something worth alerting modellers to in case, like me, they have a set of standard .xmls partly prepared for future use.

Vic
Time flies like an arrow
VicMar

Postby f-ojac » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:19 am

Thanks a lot for your help, Vic, will update things accordingly. Your models show up beautifully on the other side.

I have enough different models for now, I'll tell you when you can start submitting for testing once the small problems are fixed.
f-ojac

Version: GIT

Postby D-ABBA » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:42 am

OK. the submission tool for Static Models are not in production yet. But from august I got the information that mass import tool is in work. He create EDDP.

I choose Shared Models Lines, placed by me for EDGS from e000n50/e008n50/3089192.stg (84 Lines) at the window for "CONTEND TO ADD"

OBJECT_SHARED Models/Airport/RectangularGroundmarker_RedWhite.xml 8.08423077 50.70312096 588.2648 52.0
OBJECT_SHARED Models/Aircraft/B1900_services.xml 8.07866631 50.70601676 597.5882 120.0

eMail address and an comment. After Return I got the status like this :

Sorry but the reCAPTCHA wasn't entered correctly. Go back and try it again.
(reCAPTCHA complained: incorrect-captcha-sol)
The FlightGear team.

What I have done wrong. My contributer/author name is Thomas Polzer. I placed the SHARED MODELS of EDFH with Martin Spott (I hope for you importand).

Would I need an tool or windows7 program to use the submission tools ????

Further, if the adding static models positions and objects tool in work, I will added STATIC Buildings and STATIC Elements in the FGFS World Europe. I think this is helpfull for all FGFS Users. The Custom-Scenerys from me to specialy for the newbees I think.

Sorry for my broken english, but I guess you understand my intentions.

Happy landings
D-ABBA
D-ABBA

Callsign: D-ABBA

Postby VicMar » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:55 am

D-ABBA asked,
What I have done wrong.
Hi D-ABBA,

I think you need to enter the Longitude in it's own field, then the Latitude in it's own field and so on.

I'm sure inputting the line from your FG position dump (like in the .stg file) does not work.

If I remember correctly, this might be an option some time in the future, but don't trust my memory on that, I might be spouting rubbish.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Vic
Time flies like an arrow
VicMar

Postby D-ABBA » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:48 am

Aye Aye FlightGearFans

I solved my problem. After entering reCAPTCHA (two words in reCaptcha-field) my lines are accepted. But at least, when did my SHARED_MODELS are in terrasync aviable. What happens with the windsock and the beacon on the runways 31 and 31R at the EDGS airport (terrasync\Terrain\e000n50\e008n50\3089192.stg) ????

This SHARED_MODELS disturb the happy landings :(

Hope of the responce of my last question. How can I delete the both Models?

D-ABBA :P
D-ABBA

Postby VicMar » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:00 am

If you go to http://scenemodels.flightgear.org/submission/ , then select the option for deleting, you will get the relevant form to complete.

Cheers,
Vic
Time flies like an arrow
VicMar

Postby Gijs » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:15 am

As far as I know you cannot delete "terrain" objects through the forms. Those windsocks, beacons, vors etc are part of the airport layout and places into the scenery when an airport is generated. So whenever you delete (or move) it in the stg file, you must do the same in the apt.dat file. Else the windsock will reappear in the next scenery build ;-)
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby D-ABBA » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:42 pm

Hello Gjs, Hello Vic,

I solved the problem "Happy Landings disturb...". I go Local in my Folder to terrasync/Objects/e000n50/e008n50/3089192.stg with my texteditor (notepad ++) and edit with # the lines with the meaning windsock and beacon. This is not static for your FGFS Scenery, but usefull for the moment.

Since today 14:50h local at http://code.google.com/p/terrascenery/source/list r19966 ( my shared_models under using mass import tool for EDGS) deleted the meaning windsock and beacon. Thanks for Martin Spott. I guess he knows about the Problem. :P

At the time I have static models for EDGS buildings and run/taxiway signs. I wait at the moment as "the adding static models positions and objects" is in production. I will in future create Models for airports in middle Europe for all Flightgear Users. (my Customs for the EXPERTs)

Sorry for my broken english, but I am shure you understand my intensions
Many Happy Landings (in EDGS too)

D-ABBA
D-ABBA

Postby f-ojac » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:12 pm

Hi Thomas,
D-ABBA wrote in Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:42 am:But from august I got the information that mass import tool is in work. He create EDDP.

Yes, the information was also given here and here and well as here.
D-ABBA wrote in Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:42 am:Sorry but the reCAPTCHA wasn't entered correctly. Go back and try it again.
(reCAPTCHA complained: incorrect-captcha-sol). Would I need an tool or windows7 program to use the submission tools ????

No tool nor Windows has to be used for this, that's why we use webtools and no proprietary interface.
I thought everybody knews about Captcha stuff, which is quite common across the Internet. I'll add a link at the bottom of the error page as well as adding it to the mandatory items in the top of it.
The windsocks and beacons are defined in the apt.dat file, therefore they should not been added to this database. If they are misplaced, this means the apt.dat corresponding to the airport was badly made, it has to be redone via Taxidraw or Wed and sent to Robin Peel (if it's not already the case), so we can catch this modification downstream some day.
We're still having a small issue with the 3D model viewer used in the validation process, I hope to be able to conduct more trials maybe next week.
Olivier
f-ojac

Postby VicMar » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:13 pm

D-ABBA said,
I will in future create Models for airports in middle Europe
Always ready to welcome another scenery modeller.
Sorry for my broken english
Your English is better than a lot of English people's, so no need to apologise.

Cheers,
Vic
Time flies like an arrow
VicMar

Postby f-ojac » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:49 pm

Hi all,
The 3D model import form is in early production at http://scenemodels.flightgear.org/submission/static/ .
Early production means your models will be submitted in Terrasync after validation, but that the test phase is not yet over, and that fixes and/or problems may occur. Please test and report any trouble.
(There is a known problem : the textures you add in the form are not added dynamically in the form display, as other files are. We'll try to fix this soon, but they get submitted).
f-ojac

Postby Johan G » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:29 pm

I just have a small observation, I find the datum format in the example object pages linked to from the 3D model import form a bit odd (description example and comment example).

Normally dates looking like that are YYYY-MM-DD, but these are YYYY-DD-MM. I was at first wondering why the "last updated" date was two months ahead, but got the answer when looking at the comment example. :wink:
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby f-ojac » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:35 am

This is now fixed. Thanks for noticing.
f-ojac

Re: Scenery webtools (adding, editing, deleting objects&mode

Postby Johan G » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:29 pm

You are very welcome. :D
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

PreviousNext

Return to Scenery