Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

Scenery webtools (adding, editing, deleting objects&models).

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Scenery webtools (adding, editing, deleting objects).

Postby f-ojac » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:50 pm

Hi all,

The deletion script is now online.

http://scenemodels.flightgear.org/submi ... delete.php

Just give the position of the shared object you want to delete, give a small comment on why you are deleting. After human validation, it will be deleted from the database and you should no more see it in Terrasync a few days later.

Enjoy.

More to come soon (edition, mass import, 3D models) (soon is after the exams :-).
Last edited by f-ojac on Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
f-ojac

Version: GIT

Re: Scenery webtools (adding, editing, deleting objects).

Postby f-ojac » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:29 pm

Full code is now available under GIT : https://gitorious.org/fg/sceneryweb
Everyone is welcome to contribute, please contact me before for coordination, and try to work on the todo list first.
f-ojac

Postby D-ABBA » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:35 pm

Aye Aye Flightgear Fans,

I am happy for this tool to submit my static Models. But I can´t submit "Corresponding PNG Files" more than one. The most of my created Static models have more of one texture as PNG-FORMAT. (eg.: Gray_Glass.png, Corrugated_Steel1.png, Corrugated_Steel2...).

Please give me a tip what can I do or change the systematic for submit the "Corresponding PNG Files" [Gray_Glass.png, Corrugated_Steel1.png]

Separate the PNG Files with an comma. I think this is the right way.

Also I need information: If I had generate a model with blender I get textures in rgb format. How I can change rgb files in PNG files ??

Thanks for your Tips, and sorry for my broken english, I guess you understand me.

D-ABBA

many happy landings
D-ABBA

Callsign: D-ABBA
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby f-ojac » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi D-ABBA

D-ABBA wrote in Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:35 pm:I am happy for this tool to submit my static Models. But I can´t submit "Corresponding PNG Files" more than one. The most of my created Static models have more of one texture as PNG-FORMAT. (eg.: Gray_Glass.png, Corrugated_Steel1.png, Corrugated_Steel2...).

Please give me a tip what can I do or change the systematic for submit the "Corresponding PNG Files" [Gray_Glass.png, Corrugated_Steel1.png]

As mentionned here : http://scenemodels.flightgear.org/submission/, the semi-automatic static submission process is currently "Work In Progress.... (not in production yet)."

We're now working at 2 people to make it happen. We'll first finish what has to be finished on the shared models (such as the very awaited mass import tool). The static will come later on (hopefully before summer), but it's quite a complicated process, be patient, we'll be posting it here as soon as it's available.
f-ojac

Postby F-VEBR » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:43 am

Don't know if it is the right place....

AS i'm hanging round the world i noticed for some airports some misplacements or elevations... Is there a possibility for me to edit those few things as i encounter them? Or a place to list them for correction ?

For Ex : Antennas, building, static AI on the Rwy...etc... and tower elevation...

Thx..
A good pilot is an alive pilot. -> Building the On This Day in Aviation History <-
F-VEBR

Callsign: F-VEBR
Version: 2_8_0_5

Postby f-ojac » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Yes, you can, but not for tower elevation and true AI traffic (only static models can be moved).
Enjoy!
f-ojac

Postby F-VEBR » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:41 pm

AI trafic... is trafic.... :D

I was meaning Static planes (or other objects) stucked on the Runway....

Tower elevation : Because on some places you are under soil... Would just like to put tower elevation at a 'normal' height for the Aerodrome just for enjoying the view sometimes...

But is there any tuto for that ??? (i'd like to try that on a lost in nowhere's land unpaved rwy :lol: )

Of course that would be a list of submission to be agreed by the staff..
A good pilot is an alive pilot. -> Building the On This Day in Aviation History <-
F-VEBR

Postby f-ojac » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:52 pm

F-VEBR wrote in Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:41 pm:AI trafic... is trafic.... :D I was meaning Static planes (or other objects) stucked on the Runway....

Just wanted to be sure we were discussing the same topic.
F-VEBR wrote in Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:41 pm:Tower elevation : Because on some places you are under soil... Would just like to put tower elevation at a 'normal' height for the Aerodrome just for enjoying the view sometimes...

Most of them are placed at 0, AFAIR, I've changed all of them in Brittany (updating the corresponding tower view XML file), and sent it to Martin. Now, maybe try to send your update on the devel.
F-VEBR wrote in Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:41 pm:But is there any tuto for that ??? (i'd like to try that on a lost in nowhere's land unpaved rwy :lol: )

Have a look at your FG root directory : under data/scenery/Airports/K/S/F/KSFO.twr.xml for instance.

Anyway, for the "rest" of the objects, the use of the edition or deletion script should do. Please try.
f-ojac

Postby F-VEBR » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:12 pm

olivier.jacq wrote in Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:52 pm:Anyway, for the "rest" of the objects, the use of the edition or deletion script should do. Please try.

Merci M'sieur :wink:
F-VEBR

Postby f-ojac » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:30 am

Hi all,
Due to features implementation and bugfixing from today to the end of next week, you may encounter difficulties on the scripts. Those may happen on the unitary addition ('cause we're implementing email process information for end users). We're going to try to implement the mass submission script as well, maybe more.
We'll let you know once everything is stable again.
Thanks,
Olivier
f-ojac

Postby f-ojac » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:00 pm

Hi,
When adding a new shared object position, one now has the possibility to give his email address to be able to follow the submission process. I'll add this feature to the other scripts time permitting.
As earlier mentionned, you may encounter some other update processes this week. Will let you know how this goes.
f-ojac

Postby f-ojac » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:47 am

Hi,
The biggest part of the update is now over, it has been mainly focused at integrating the submission scripts into the genuine scenemodels website. Lots of things have been optimized and corrected.

I will now focus on the first part of the features implementation, namely the mass import script. Will let you know once it's available.
f-ojac

Postby VicMar » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:15 am

Hi Olivier,

I am confused about which scripts are working at the moment.

Can we use the 'Static' models part yet?

Cheers,
Vic
Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana
VicMar

Callsign: VicMar

Postby f-ojac » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:31 am

Hi Vicmar,
Everything is written here: http://scenemodels.flightgear.org/submission .
I'm currently finishing the mass object import form. Once it's finished, the next one on the list is the static one. Don't worry, I will let it widely known once everything is in production.
f-ojac

Postby VicMar » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:59 pm

Thanks.

I'm always available if there is something I can test for this.

Cheers,
Vic
Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana
VicMar

Callsign: VicMar

PreviousNext

Return to Scenery