Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

RJGG - Chubu Centrair - Japan

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Re: RJGG - Chubu Centrair - Japan

Postby kyokoyama » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:57 pm

Great work so far, Gijs! How do you do it so fast...!?

Also, just for the records, about this:
Gijs wrote in Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:38 pm: Luckily this airport has some grass around the runways in RL as well (since TerraGear automaticaly adds a couple of meters around taxiways/runways

How can you get TerraGear to NOT do this? (i.e. -remove this in places where it is unneeded, like KSFO, KOAK or TNCM)
Look for "B-BIRD" "N127KY" or "AVA0004" -that's me.

Despite having over 1700 posts here, I am not even close to being the most skilled guy here... I'm just words and bad drawing, not experience. :P
kyokoyama

Callsign: B-BIRD, N127KY
Version: 2.12.1

Postby Gijs » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:58 pm

You cannot :( ... without editing TerraGear source. Would be nice if there was an option in TG so we can disable it for certain airports. But let's stick to RJGG in this topic.

PS: I'm already with one leg in my bed, but I saw horacio is writing a reply, so I'll wait a couple more minutes :P
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby horacio » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:08 pm

Gijs wrote in Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:15 pm:After one hour of work (most time was spent on downloading a background image :p)

Still needs a lot of more detailing as you can see. Only basic taxiways are added so far. Work will continue later this week.

Excelent news, Gijs!!!. Though I had grown fond of my 3D terrain model, hehehe... but obviously it's better an own from simulator.

I'm not sure about the type of change you've done... does it means the taxiways will have lights? This was one of the great lacks of my 3D model.

Other thing, I'm not sure, because have not access to official information, but it seems to be a Heliport at southest side of airport, at the right side of 36 runway. It would be great could you add it. I'd like to create parkings at the airport, and include this heliport (this if don't you create them included in the new terrain).

I'm almost finished with the terminal, but will wait till you finish your changes to offer my final release.
HORACIO CONTRERAS
El Hangar de Horacio
... ¿y dónde está el Teniente Bello?

Callsign: CC-HCR
Version: 2

Postby Gijs » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:20 pm

Terrain+airport sent to Horacio. Corners of the taxiways (and the island) aren't as round as possible, but I'm not sure if it's worth spending more time on that. It looks good anyway ;)

PS: The "helipad" looks like a VOR station to me. It would be a very weird location for a helipad, since you are quite far of the terminal or any sort of hangar. All the way up north there is a little "H" painted on the tarmac. That's a helipad for sure.
PPS: If night lighting works on other airports for you, it should also work on RJGG. Nothing special for this airport (yet)...
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS

Postby horacio » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:07 pm

Great!!! Already received. I'll check it at night, and then tell opinions and some screenshot.

Good for lights!!, the airport will look really nice now with its night textures. Even now have seen better real pictures at night, and now I see the lights in airport are more whiter than mines. So, I'll try to equalize colors to get closer to reality.

Development still in process...
HORACIO CONTRERAS
El Hangar de Horacio

Postby horacio » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:17 am

Due to still doing a lot of little (but much details) on terminal and sorrounding buildings, I have not released the first version of RJGG. But I'd like to have the final downloadable link on next days.

While, you can see here just some pictures that shows to great realism that the terminal offers:

Details of development, models, pictures, textures, terrain and others will be given on release.

Rgds.
HORACIO
HORACIO CONTRERAS
El Hangar de Horacio

Postby skyop » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:40 am

VERY nice work horacio!

A suggestion though: how about using the reflection shader for the glass instead of a fake reflection image?
Aircraft: [ CRJ700-family | DC-10-30 ] Scenery: [ KBFL ]
skyop

IRC name: skyop
Version: next

Postby El Flauta » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:41 am

The reflect shader will affect all the object; for a window-only reflect image, horacio should made a separate 3D windows in the model...

Anyways, the airport looks awesometastic :mrgreen:
Vive FlightGear! Have you a Ñ on your keyboard? Spain-LatinAmerica FlightGear community!
--
PZL M18B Dromader
CASA C-101 Aviojet
Cessna 337G Skymaster
El Flauta

Callsign: CC-FLT
Version: 3

Postby Sealbhach » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:07 am

WOW! This is amazing, I hadn't seen this thread before now. Really beautiful quality work there.

Sealbhach

Postby Thorsten » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:20 am

Amazing!

Does it have... serious... impact on framerate?
Thorsten

Postby Vinura » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:08 am

Any chance of this great scenery being uploaded to TerraSync?

EDIT: By "release", do you mean uploading to TerraSync?
Vinura

Version: GIT

Postby horacio » Tue May 03, 2011 4:32 am

Sorry for too be late to answer. I have had no time.

skyop wrote in Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:40 am:VERY nice work horacio!

A suggestion though: how about using the reflection shader for the glass instead of a fake reflection image?

As El flauta said, a reflection shader will affect all the objects, with consecuent impact on framerate, specially on computers not too much strong. At the moment a texture with glass reflection effect is still a good choice with low costs.

Thorsten wrote:Does it have... serious... impact on framerate?

Not really. My computer is very bad, and my usually FPS is between 12-10. With current models on Chubu it descends to 9 or 8. I supose in better PC's will not be noticeable impact. At least, not in slow movements.

Vinura wrote:Any chance of this great scenery being uploaded to TerraSync?

EDIT: By "release", do you mean uploading to TerraSync?

At the moment have never uploaded anything to TerraSync. First I will release it at my hangar, and then will upload it to TerraSync.

Rgds.
HORACIO CONTRERAS
El Hangar de Horacio

Postby horacio » Thu May 05, 2011 2:37 pm

Finally...... CHUBU IT'S FINISHED!!!!!!!!!

After more than a month of intense work the first stage of the Chubu-Centrair International Airport is complete. Work has been developed in the most painstaking and detailed as possible to get one of the most realistic scenaries of FlightGear, including among other things, night animation, photo-realistic images, detailed textures and plenty of objects to complement the airport environment.

Both the development of 3D models and textures used have been developed from scratch, using bevels, shadows, brightness, noise and color equalization, lens blur and other effects for textures attached to reality. The texture work was so extensive that I will make a separate post to showing the development of the work done, which may be helpful for other developers to guide in the use of graphical tools.

Some textures have real images used in almost all the windows of the models to give a realistic impression of the airport, day and night. The photographs have been used with the kind donation of 3 photographers contacted via the web, 2 of them Japanese, and one of them with high quality images taken directly from Chubu, whom have authorized me to release them being used in my model under the GPL license.

The terrain of the island (previously nonexistent in FG) has been developed in great detail by Gijs, who continues to make changes in the surrounding coast and other details, which gives the total scenary the possibility of becoming one of the favorite destination in FG and be considered among the best airports developed so far on simulator.

Less talk and more action:

An airport video shows ended: "RJGG - Chubu Centrair - 24 hours in 4 minutes". Not as well done as I wanted, but for now I can not keep spending more time on this development:

In case of audio problems, can also be seen here in better quality, in my hangar:

http://www.grafikavirtual.com/fgfs/?sec=escenarios.php

...where there's the download link, which also can be obtained here:

http://www.grafikavirtual.com/fgfs/aero ... 110505.rar

I give special thanks to:

- David Ritter: from http://www.rgbstock.com, for his great "TGen building at night" picture, which provides Chubu 3D model night windows its warm and wonderful vision.

- Junichi Suzuki: from http://www.planepictures.net, for his fantastic and useful high resolution pictures taken on Chubu Centrair, and kindly sent by mail for a better use of them. For his generous assistance and help offered, and for the japanese text provided for "NAC" building, at Chubu.

- Kazuchika Naya: from http://www.planepictures.net, for his useful pictures of aircrafts of "ANA" and "China Airlines" taken at Haneda Airport, Tokyo.

- Gijs de Rooy: for his selfless help and excelent documentation provided for Chubu Airport, and for his very well developed and detailed terrain on the island, necesary for correct placement of airport. Now we have one more excelent airport for FlightGear.

- Pavel Cueto: for his vectorization of "Nagoya Eakeetaringu" at "NAC" building.

With appreciation ... for the whole Flightgear community!!
HORACIO
HORACIO CONTRERAS
El Hangar de Horacio

Postby El Flauta » Thu May 05, 2011 5:03 pm

Just FANTASTIC!!! (Haha, colors)

Thanks for that so good model, and thanks for your thanks...
Vive FlightGear! Have you a Ñ on your keyboard? Spain-LatinAmerica FlightGear community!
--
PZL M18B Dromader
CASA C-101 Aviojet
Cessna 337G Skymaster
El Flauta

Callsign: CC-FLT
Version: 3

Postby penta » Thu May 05, 2011 6:33 pm

AWESOME!!

horacio wrote in Thu May 05, 2011 2:37 pm:Both the development of 3D models and textures used have been developed from scratch, using bevels, shadows, brightness, noise and color equalization, lens blur and other effects for textures attached to reality. The texture work was so extensive that I will make a separate post to showing the development of the work done, which may be helpful for other developers to guide in the use of graphical tools.

Thanks for taking the time to do this. I will sure try to learn something!
penta

PreviousNext

Return to Scenery