Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft Flight dynamics model

Hire someone to make me a Helicopter FDM for JSBSim

Good sims require good FDMs (the "thing" that makes an aircraft behave like an aircraft).

Hire someone to make me a Helicopter FDM for JSBSim

Postby peterjenk3d » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:56 am

Hello All

Is someone interested in doing a FDM for JSBsim for use in the Unreal Engine.
OR can someone direct me where I can maybe hire someone or send me in the right direction.
I have the 3d model.
Its for a VR project.

The helicopter is a
Sikorsky SH-3 Sea King

If interested please message me your rates or if you want to chat more about the job
I know doing a Helicopter FDM for JSBsim is hard to do, that's why I need someone with more experience using it.

Thanks for your time in advanced.
peterjenk3d

Re: Hire someone to make me a Helicopter FDM for JSBSim

Postby TheEagle » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:53 pm

peterjenk3d wrote in Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:56 am:I know doing a Helicopter FDM for JSBsim is hard to do, that's why I need someone with more experience using it.

Well, in fact it isn't much harder than doing it for a fixed-wing aircraft - if you remove the rotors, you still got drag, side force, pitch, roll, yaw moments that can be calculated using OpenVSP, just like on a fixed-wing aircraft … and when you got that, you just need the right numbers for the rotors, and that's about it ! :)
(not saying I'll do it - I am already doing two fixed-wing JsBSim FDMs - but you should at least try doing it yourself ! ;) because, I am afraid no one will come and say "yeah, I'll do your work for free, even though I don't have time myself" - no offense meant, but the chances are really slim !)
Cessna 210 (Wiki)
My other aircraft: my wiki profile !
Other: FGTools (GitHub)
World tour: View on SkyVector
Please consider donating $1 / €1 to help me finance a new camera !
TheEagle

Pronouns: You, he
Callsign: F-EAGLE
IRC name: none
Version: Git next

Return to Flight dynamics model