Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft Flight dynamics model

conflict with internal and external FDM in flightgear

Good sims require good FDMs (the "thing" that makes an aircraft behave like an aircraft).

conflict with internal and external FDM in flightgear

Postby Raghav » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:23 am

Dear All

i want to run internal FDM of an aircraft in flight gear so that all functions of aircraft such as engine , weapons firing , radar etc. keep working whereas i want to use external FDM developed in matlab to be used only for position and attitude updates in flight gear for outside view purpose.

when i am using external FDM command and use my Matlab model , all functions of flight gear aircraft selected stop working like engine , radar , weapon firing etc. How to make sure all selected aircraft nasal files shall run when i am using external FDM for just visualization purpose in flight gear and using flight gear aircraft functions to be retained .

Thank u all for your support
Raghav

Re: conflict with internal and external FDM in flightgear

Postby erik » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:18 pm

FlightGear can only handle one FDM at a time so there is no way around it, it's all or nothing.
You will have to implement all the other functions too.

Erik
Current: Parachutist, Paraglider, Pterosaur, Pilatus PC-9M and variants, ERCO Ercoupe, Fokker Dr.1, Fokker 50, Fokker 100
Less active: Cessna T-37, T-38, Santa Claus. Previous: General Dynamics F-16. Worked on: Wright Flyer
erik

Return to Flight dynamics model