Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft Flight dynamics model

JSBSim Reference Manual

Good sims require good FDMs (the "thing" that makes an aircraft behave like an aircraft).

JSBSim Reference Manual

Postby jonsberndt » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:40 am

Wow. I have not seen the FlightGear Forum in a while and it seems that this is the place to be! :D

Some of you are probably aware of this, but I'm actively working on a JSBSim Reference Manual. The first part of the reference manual to be filled out is the User's Manual. I'm also trying to add some useful "Case Studies" as well. You can download the reference manual here.

I'll try to keep a close eye on this forum for bug reports since I hear that the latest JSBSim code has been incorporated into FlightGear. That's great news.

Jon
Jon S. Berndt
Development Coordinator
JSBSim Project
http://www.JSBSim.org
http://www.facebook.com/jsbsim
jonsberndt

Re: JSBSim Reference Manual

Postby ffg » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:53 am

I think It is wonderfull message for the aircraft developers!
ffg

Postby daveculp » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:31 pm

I get a 404 error on this link.
daveculp

Callsign: DCulp
Version: 2017.3.1

Postby Johan G » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:12 pm

That post might have been a bit too old. :wink: Try this link instead: JSBSim Reference Manual (PDF).

More goodies on this page: JSBSim documentation page.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby JeffreyM » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:54 am

jonsberndt wrote in Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:40 am:Wow. I have not seen the FlightGear Forum in a while and it seems that this is the place to be! :D

Some of you are probably aware of this, but I'm actively working on a JSBSim Reference Manual. The first part of the reference manual to be filled out is the User's Manual. I'm also trying to add some useful "Case Studies" as well. You can download the reference manual here.

I'll try to keep a close eye on this forum for bug reports since I hear that the latest JSBSim code has been incorporated into FlightGear. That's great news.

Jon

Hi Jon,
I'm new to the FlightGear Forum and I tried to download the JSBSim Reference Manual using your link, but I just got a message saying that the site is under construction.

In the meantime I've tried using JSBSim to generate an FDM for my homebuilt aircraft (still under construction). I've managed to make the three XML files (Airframe, Powerplant, and Prop) that look reasonable. Now I want to move ahead with the geometry, livery and animation. I have an accurate CAD model of the airframe, I can produce WRL files of the whole thing and/or its separate components to any level of detail, I can "paint" it as I please and I can create photo-realistic renderings of it from any viewpoint.

Can someone save me the trouble of reading thru hundreds of posts on the forums and direct me to instructions on how to use these files and images.

Jeffrey
JeffreyM

Postby Hooray » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:32 pm

See the official website, and you'll find a working link: http://jsbsim.sourceforge.net/JSBSimReferenceManual.pdf
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Johan G » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:34 pm

JeffreyM wrote in Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:54 am:Can someone save me the trouble of reading thru hundreds of posts on the forums and direct me to instructions on how to use these files and images.

I think the aircraft developer portal on the wiki might be a good starting point.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Return to Flight dynamics model