Board index FlightGear Development Effects and shaders

Shader normalmap and reflection on planes disappeared in fut

An exciting "new" option in FlightGear, that includes reflections, lightmaps, the particle system etc.. A lot is yet to be discovered/implemented!

Re: Shader normalmap and reflection on planes disappeared in

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:22 pm

helijah wrote in Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:07 pm:This kind of remark does nothing and tries to ridicule me for free.

i am NOT trying to or intentionally ridicule you at all so you can get that right out of your mind when it comes to me and my posts... please do not project your's or other's actions, emotions, or anything else on my and my posts... thank you :)

i greatly applaud you and your models... without all your work there would be far less craft in FG...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby icecode » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:57 pm

But breaking everything just for fun is not necessarily the best idea

It's just sometimes worth remembering that FG is not just a flight simulator designed for 3 or 4 people and thinking of users before we think of yourself is a good thing.

In this case destroying effects without warning or having an alternative solution, without warning the aircraft developers, without giving an alternative solution is not a correct solution.

It is a shame to see this around such a successful and well done project. Well almost because many only have respect for their work without worrying about others

But since everything is disorganized and poorly designed I could not say more.

The least of things is at least to offer something as a replacement before removing what exists.

All I have to say is that I'm glad I found the regression early. If this is what happens when something gets fixed in literally less than 24 hours, I can't imagine how bad it would have been if I had taken longer than that!
icecode

Version: next

Postby Johan G » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:03 am

This is also a good reminder that the non-stable development version is under development. ;)
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby helijah » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:20 am

I absolutely can't wait to be able to use HDR ..... Even if it will make me redo all my models lol But that's the price to pay. And indeed it seems that the effects have returned. And I did not say that it was voluntary but simply that, before committing (even on a development version), it is always good to check, because there were no more effects on any aircraft. tested few mine of course but also the Ju52, the C172P, the 777NG and others ... I wasted almost 3 hours of my time because of that. And 3 hours is at least an update of 'failed plane lol
Some planes (and other) for FlightGear
http://helijah.free.fr
and
http://embaranger.free.fr
helijah

Callsign: helijah
IRC name: helijah
Version: GIT

Previous

Return to Effects and shaders