Board index FlightGear Development Effects and shaders

The Compositor

An exciting "new" option in FlightGear, that includes reflections, lightmaps, the particle system etc.. A lot is yet to be discovered/implemented!

Re: The Compositor

Postby abassign » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:38 pm

abassign wrote in Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:34 am:Hi, I have a problem with the compositor (the version of FGFS is 2020.3.0). In both the 2020.3.0 and the 2020.2 versions, I noticed that the transparent surfaces have an anomalous behavior as a function of the angle of incidence of the light.

The problem was solved by modifying the effect using "Effects / glass" For example I built the effect with the following code:

In the property list:

Code: Select all
 <effect>
        <inherits-from>Aircraft/G91-R1B_HD/Models/Effects/exterior/exterior-glass</inherits-from>
        <object-name>cover (Meshed)</object-name>
 </effect>

And in "Models/Effects" I put this code in the file: exterior-glass.eff

Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<PropertyList>
    <name>exterior-glass</name>
    <inherits-from>Effects/glass</inherits-from>
</PropertyList>
abassign

Callsign: I-BASSY
Version: 2018.3

Two or more spotlights always converge in same point

Postby abassign » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:16 pm

In the tests on the compositor lights that I am carrying out for the interior of the cabin of the G91R1B plane, I need to have various spot-lights to reproduce the real scene (2 + 6 red spot lights + 2 UV spots). A single spot light functions correctly, but two or more spot lights always use the 6 coordinates of the first defined spot light, even if, viewing the geometry, it is observed that both the
positions and the directions are those required. I would like someone to solve this problem in order to better test the lighting effects.

I deduce that the problem is at the level of data transfer at the OpenGL level, or currently the spotlight vector has not been defined.
abassign

Callsign: I-BASSY
Version: 2018.3

Previous

Return to Effects and shaders