Board index FlightGear Development Effects and shaders

ALS light enable toggles between true/false

An exciting "new" option in FlightGear, that includes reflections, lightmaps, the particle system etc.. A lot is yet to be discovered/implemented!

ALS light enable toggles between true/false

Postby sathish » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:49 am

Hi..

I am using flightgear 2017.3.1 version and i have enabled als light in code by making skydome property as true (sim/rendering/shaders/skydome=true) based on keyboard input.
But when it is enabled the scenery starts flickering. That is skydome toggles between true and false by some other property.But when i check in the Debug/browse internal properties skydome is holding true value. ALS light is constantly not on. it flickers like on and off.

How to check which are the other parameter can effect the als scattering light.

Thanks in advance
sathish

Re: ALS light enable toggles between true/false

Postby Thorsten » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:58 am

and i have enabled als light in code by making skydome property as true (sim/rendering/shaders/skydome=true) based on keyboard input.

The property is a config option for the whole framework set by the rendering dialog - trying to set it elsewhere to activate a light is not only an overkill but most likely the problem.

That is skydome toggles between true and false by some other property.

I don't think there's another property except /sim/rendering/shaders/skydome involved for the sky.

How to check which are the other parameter can effect the als scattering light.

You look into the predicate section of the corresponding effect file - that formulates the set of conditions what rendering framework is on when.
Thorsten

Return to Effects and shaders