Board index FlightGear Development Effects and shaders

transsonic cone with ALS

An exciting "new" option in FlightGear, that includes reflections, lightmaps, the particle system etc.. A lot is yet to be discovered/implemented!

Re: transsonic cone with ALS

Postby Thorsten » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:46 pm

I can exclude a cylindrical inner region from the density distribution easily enough, I was just wondering whether this does what you want or whether the whole ray computation needs to terminate when hitting the boundary.

I guess you really need the latter because of transparency/opacity issues...
Thorsten

Postby erik » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:02 pm

The problem starts at the intersection between the bounding box and the airframe. Pixels inside the airframe are hidden and outside it they suddenly pops up creating a sharp edge. The idea is that by clearing the area where the pixels should otherwise suddenly show u[ you would get a more fuzzy border.

Erik
Current: Parachutist, Paraglider, Pterosaur, Pilatus PC-9M and variants, ERCO Ercoupe, Fokker Dr.1, Fokker 50, Fokker 100
Less active: Cessna T-37, T-38, Santa Claus. Previous: General Dynamics F-16. Worked on: Wright Flyer
erik

Postby Thorsten » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:16 pm

I think I know how to do that. Give me a couple of days, I'll try to get something you can play with and test.
Thorsten

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:45 am

PINTO wrote in Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:21 am:No offense to anyone, but that just doesn't look that good.

i don't even see it :(
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby erik » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:42 am

Thorsten wrote in Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:16 pm:I think I know how to do that. Give me a couple of days, I'll try to get something you can play with and test.

Take your time, we can live with another couple of months with what we have right now.

Erik
Current: Parachutist, Paraglider, Pterosaur, Pilatus PC-9M and variants, ERCO Ercoupe, Fokker Dr.1, Fokker 50, Fokker 100
Less active: Cessna T-37, T-38, Santa Claus. Previous: General Dynamics F-16. Worked on: Wright Flyer
erik

Previous

Return to Effects and shaders