Board index FlightGear Development Effects and shaders

GLSL noise functions

An exciting "new" option in FlightGear, that includes reflections, lightmaps, the particle system etc.. A lot is yet to be discovered/implemented!

GLSL noise functions

Postby Thorsten » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:37 pm

In case anyone is interested in the set of noise functions and what I've been doing with them in a bit of detail, I've started to document the algorithms on my page:

From random number to texture - GLSL noise functions
Thorsten

Re: GLSL noise functions

Postby Hooray » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:37 pm

given how some of these websites, and articles, tend to disappear over time (e.g. plausible.org more recently), I would suggest that you consider committing a copy of that article to $FG_ROOT/Docs - which might be the best compromise to retain full control (i.e. not using the wiki) and preserving things for the future.

(we have literally seen dozens of domains and articles disappear...)
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Thorsten » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:15 pm

It's actually not an FG specific topic. It happens to be math I am interested in - so this is a presentation of my activities, not documentation for FG.
Thorsten

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:47 pm

Thorsten -- you just rose in my estimation of you. That math looks... well, I can't even understand it so I don't know if it is hard or not.
But then, I believe you taught 'Ultra-relativistic Heavy Ion Physics' (whatever that is) in 2010 according to https://trac.cc.jyu.fi/projects/alice/wiki/Jan, and speak Elvish, so what do I expect?!

Oh. My. Mother...
"I'm a fluent German, English and Finnish speaker, know some Japanese, Latin and ancient Greek and have taught myself the basics of Biblical Hebrew, Welsh and ancient Egyptian)"

German, English, and Spanish are enough for me?! Biblical Hebrew? Japanese? Latin? Greek? WELSH?
A world leader in Elvish?
Ekplíssomai
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby hamzaalloush » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:57 pm

Thanks for the gold, another reason why we should have this blog bookmarked, btw, can you also include the intricacies about the difference between how different GPU/Drivers interpret noise, such as seen with recent observation with regional textures on different hardware, thanks!!
hamzaalloush

Return to Effects and shaders