Board index FlightGear Development Effects and shaders

ALS landing lights

An exciting "new" option in FlightGear, that includes reflections, lightmaps, the particle system etc.. A lot is yet to be discovered/implemented!

Re: ALS landing lights

Postby Thorsten » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:37 am

Sorry, I can't reproduce this. I sometimes get transient views - when a scenery tile unloads for instance, or when visibility ramps up or down rapidly, but once it settles I get good consistent fogging and a bright lightspot.
Thorsten

Postby jsb » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:52 pm

While adding the landing lights I noticed, that they will move, if I pan the view with the buttons on my yoke.
After changing the joystick config from /sim/current-view/goal-heading-offset-deg to heading-offset-deg it works correctly, e.g. lights do not move.
Any idea why this is? The properties seem to be 'synchronized'.
Otherwise, really nice and easy to implement - thanks.

Oh, and by the way, because nobody never ever asked for it before, could we have a 3rd landing light? ;-p
jsb

Callsign: D-JSB
Version: next

Postby Thorsten » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:16 pm

Any idea why this is?

This has been discussed before - no, I have not. According to my understanding of how the view manager operates this should be okay, and I'm as baffled by the issue as anyone else.

Oh, and by the way, because nobody never ever asked for it before, could we have a 3rd landing light?

Has been asked before. The answer is no - unfortunately everyone will pay the framerate hit for all that's implemented even if they use only one light. So for the time being I'm not going to customize this further, sorry.
Thorsten

Postby jsb » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:23 pm

*sigh* next time I will mark it with <ironic></ironic> ;-)
jsb

Callsign: D-JSB
Version: next

Previous

Return to Effects and shaders