Board index FlightGear Development Effects and shaders

Shading changed permanently after trying Rembrandt

An exciting "new" option in FlightGear, that includes reflections, lightmaps, the particle system etc.. A lot is yet to be discovered/implemented!

Shading changed permanently after trying Rembrandt

Postby mhab » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:44 pm

Hello

Near to the end of my FG 2.10 phase I tried Rembrandt enabling and played around with some options (I didn't understand b.t.w.) in the "shaders options dialog".
My reason to try it was because I learned that Rembrandt handles aircraft shadow ...

So far so good.

Problem:
After I disabled Rembrandt again and wanted to go back to "normal", my aircraft of the moment (EC130 heli) had changed shading effects.

e.g. I had never seen the nice glass shading effect before my Rembrandt excursion, and it stayed even after I disabled rembrandt.This is nice but
a problem I have is, that all the rest of the livery is dark now, no shininess left.

Some changes must have been done permanently and I cannot find where and what. I really tried to go through all kinds of shading effect options ...
Even after the upgrade to FG 2.12 the problem remains.

Strange is, that other aircraft look as ever. Seems only the EC130 does not "heal" after going back from Rembrandt ...

Any hints what is going on here ?

Thanks
Mike-DE
mhab

Callsign: D-MIKE
Version: 2020.3.4

Re: Shading changed permanently after trying Rembrandt

Postby mhab » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:52 pm

Well nobody seems to care ...

Meanwhile I found that I had to disable an effect which was used, so everything is back to normal, as far as I see ...

Without the
Code: Select all
  <effect>
    <inherits-from>Aircraft/ec130/Models/Effects/ec130reflect-uber</inherits-from>
  </effect>

It looks good again.

Strange behavior anyhow, that something is changed in the "unknown" and stays so ...
mhab

Callsign: D-MIKE
Version: 2020.3.4

Re: Shading changed permanently after trying Rembrandt

Postby Hooray » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:11 pm

you would have had to either disable autosave.xml processing or simply delete it from $FG_HOME, the wiki documents how to do this.
Sorry for not getting back to this earlier, but we're all kinda busy with different things.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Return to Effects and shaders