Board index FlightGear Development Effects and shaders

About Starry Nights

An exciting "new" option in FlightGear, that includes reflections, lightmaps, the particle system etc.. A lot is yet to be discovered/implemented!

About Starry Nights

Postby Michat » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:07 am

About Starry Nights.

I'm back using Stellarium. I didn't revisited it after several years. I found it good improved free software.

Stellarium is a free open source planetarium for your computer. It shows a realistic sky in 3D, just like what you see with the naked eye, binoculars or a telescope.

I had only a few flights, as is natural, of nice starry nights in FG. Also I know that the star magnitude in FG is correct which is fine for FG fidelity and credibility model.

Here is the question if stellarium say: "just like what you see with the naked eye", I understand What and not How.... Yes..?...YES.

The case is that stellarium's nights are pretty nice. Ideal sky, ideal atmosphere, KAVU and the stars are brighter than in FG.

I understand that both programs must have same magnitude value, but representation changes.

Can we improved our starry nights easily without to fall into a false scale and idealistic model of some privative simulator that I remember, named it self as realistic?

There are both, good gradient skies and tilting stars in stellarium. I wish to see first ever eclipse in FG. 8)

Take a look, please.

http://www.stellarium.org/
Michat

Version: 191b

Return to Effects and shaders