Board index FlightGear Development Effects and shaders

Particlesystem with network flight dynamics model

An exciting "new" option in FlightGear, that includes reflections, lightmaps, the particle system etc.. A lot is yet to be discovered/implemented!

Particlesystem with network flight dynamics model

Postby morj » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:22 pm

Hi
I am trying to model some smoke using the particlesystem.
My aircraft flight dynamics model is networked, as we drive our aircraft from Matlab Simulink.
So in the -set.xml file I have <flight-model>network</flight-model>

I have built a particle system effect xml file, and refered to it from my .xml file, but I cannot see smoke.

I then tried to modify the standard included 777-ER so that its flight model is also network, and I couldn't see tyre smoke there either.

Is there some inherent problem in generating smoke via the particlesystem, if the flight model comes over the network?
Hopefully someone knows how to do this.

I have a feeling that it must work almost the same to display smoke from another aircraft in MP mode.
Also I have to use 2.6.0 with Simulink.
morj

Re: Particlesystem with network flight dynamics model

Postby AndersG » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:00 pm

morj wrote in Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:22 pm:Is there some inherent problem in generating smoke via the particlesystem, if the flight model comes over the network?

No, there shouldn't be any problems - AFAIK particle systems do not have any internal dependency on the FDM.
You should check two things: 1. that you have enabled particles systems in the View->rendering dialog and 2. what properties your particle system depend on (e.g. for conditions and parameter values) and if their values are as you'd expect.

/Anders
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Callsign: SE-AG

Re: Particlesystem with network flight dynamics model

Postby Gijs » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:49 pm

morj wrote in Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:22 pm:Also I have to use 2.6.0 with Simulink.

No, you don't. The Aerospace bkockset isn't updated as frequently as we release new versions of FlightGear, so the version option doesn't include the latest versions. I believe the version option is only used to compensate for interface changes, but any recent version works fine. t of versions anyway, so just selecting 2.6 when running 2.10 will work.
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Return to Effects and shaders