Board index FlightGear Development Effects and shaders

Sunrises (version 1.3 available)

An exciting "new" option in FlightGear, that includes reflections, lightmaps, the particle system etc.. A lot is yet to be discovered/implemented!

Re: Sunrises (version 1.2 available)

Postby planetacancun » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:03 pm

Can I upgrade GIT and test this? :D
Callsign:Fallen-
Videos: http://youtube.com/planetacancun2
planetacancun

Callsign: Fallen-
IRC name: Fallen-
Version: GIT

Postby Ernest1984 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:49 am

Amazing work...
EPWA-hub: ERJ-195 clsgn: ERNIE
-----------------------------------
Around The World with B1900D!
callsign: AROUNDw - currently suspended till the FG will have a proper look on different locations
Ernest1984

Callsign: ERNIE
Version: 2.10

Postby Thorsten » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:19 am

Will this work by default with the non-rembrandt rendering path in the current git version?

As far as I understand, clouds always will work because they are rendered the same way in Rembrandt. I still haven't got a working Rembrandt framework (I haven't been trying recently because I wanted to finish the things I've been working on), but I hope to get it sorted out.

If that works, and if Fred helps me by creating some effect file/code which has all the right parameters incoming, then I can take over from there and also do things for the Rembrandt framework, but given my framerates, I'll probably write stuff for non-Rembrandt rendering for a while.

The Mie part is actually pretty easy, it's just 10 lines or so, it took me 5 minutes to code it, 10 to debug it and 3 hours to get the parameters right.

Can I upgrade GIT and test this?

I want to run a few more tests and optimize the cloud shader code performance by running the Mie part only when it's really needed, then around Monday I plan to have a release package for testing ready, and since TorstenD rather sternly reminded me to use merge requests to get stuff to the repository, allow for a few more days till I figure out how this is actually done without screwing everything up (GIT and I have some sort of truce - it doesn't hurt me... much, and I don't hate it... much).

The third picture looks awfully realistic.

It's one of these things which in hindsight have obviously been missing, but before looking at a scene you couldn't really figure out what it was.
Thorsten

Postby Hooray » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:46 am

Thorsten wrote in Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:19 am:since TorstenD rather sternly reminded me to use merge requests to get stuff to the repository, allow for a few more days till I figure out how this is actually done without screwing everything up (GIT and I have some sort of truce - it doesn't hurt me... much, and I don't hate it... much).

Just in case you didn't know: http://wiki.flightgear.org/Merge_request#Merge_requests
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Johan G » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:04 pm

Impressive screenshots, as always. :shock: :D
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby planetacancun » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:21 am

Meantime I'm using your screenshots as my desktop wallpaper :P
planetacancun

Postby planetacancun » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:29 pm

My wallpaper:

:D
planetacancun

Postby f-ojac » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:46 am

Impressive, as always (and I mean it!). All the best for the future developments.
f-ojac

Postby Hooray » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:38 pm

planetacancun wrote in Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:21 am:Meantime I'm using your screenshots as my desktop wallpaper :P

That's a nice idea: We could collect such screen shots by uploading files to the wiki, and add a new category "FlightGear wallpapers", so that people could easily add their own submissions. We could also feature new submissions in each upcoming newsletter. Given the quality of Thorsten's screen shots, we should end up with a nice collection of great wallpapers.

Just give me a shout if you need help doing this, I can also help setting up the wiki for this - or by adding a new section to the newsletter template.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Thorsten » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:24 am

If you're interested in wallpapers, I could probably make some nice sky shots and such from the ufo perspective and make the files available in my full resolution (1920x1200). I think as a rule wallpapers should have less 'action' than normal screen shots and be more homogeneous in colour, so I wouldn't just use normal screenshots...
Thorsten

Postby fredb » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:20 am

Don't forget to add the flightgear logo, or these image would be taken for real photos :wink:
fredb

Re: Sunrises (version 1.3 available)

Postby Thorsten » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:28 am

Don't forget to add the flightgear logo, or these image would be taken for real photos

*g*

Since my problems with unstable GIT from yesterday seem to be sorted out for good, I've packaged the latest developments to a version v1.3 which should be merged properly against today's FGData (the only critical file is terrain-default.eff, all others are either unchanged or uniquely used by myself - I *think* I managed to merge terrain-default.eff correctly against recent Rembrandt-related changes, but since I still have some issues with running Rembrandt, I couldn't test).

This package contains:

Updated and new shader effects:

* water, dust and snowline effects in the lightfield rendering scheme (controlled by water and landmass quality sliders above 4 and parameters set by a new Advanced Weather/ Advanced gui)
* Mie shader effect for 3d clouds (default in the lightfield scheme)
* an experimental structure effect for fog (controlled by Advanced Weather / Advanced gui)
* a bugfix removing rendering artefacts for heavy fogging
* a model to set water color regional (lacks in general interpolation points)
* an improved handling of terrain shading by clouds

A new version of Advanced Weather:

* several new cloud configurations (including a highly detailed Cirrocumulus) in the offline weather mode
* several bugfixes for misplaced fog effects and layer altitude mismatches
* support code for a wxradar, setting thunderstorm data for the radar code
* the first appearance of the effect of low clouds being shaded by high clouds

Enjoy!

I will try to get this into a merge request for GIT over the next few days - please have some patience, I have to learn how to do this.
Thorsten

Postby Rickbritto » Thu May 10, 2012 3:34 pm

it is possible to achieve an effect of reflection on the water?
as in this video [youtube]http://youtu.be/lMXxoCdkRDU[/youtube]
Rickbritto

Postby Rickbritto » Thu May 10, 2012 4:00 pm

Rickbritto

Postby fredb » Thu May 10, 2012 4:07 pm

We are doing ocean simulation, not pool simulation.
FYI, the current implementation of the water shader is from Bonzai Software
fredb

PreviousNext

Return to Effects and shaders