Board index FlightGear Development Effects and shaders

ALS aircraft lights

An exciting "new" option in FlightGear, that includes reflections, lightmaps, the particle system etc.. A lot is yet to be discovered/implemented!

Re: ALS aircraft lights

Postby jam007 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:59 pm

Thanks!
Good catch! :)
jam007

Version: 2017.3.1

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:50 am

Thorsten wrote in Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:54 pm:[Image

Just checking - did this new lighting technique ever get commited, or is it still pending, while, as far as I remember, Richard was doing something so that Rembrandt lighting definitions were being reused? The reason I am asking is, I do not mind it being more complex to add it to the IDG-A32X (there are no Rembrandt definitions, so I cannot reuse them anyway), but I would need to know if this is actually in 2018.1 or not. If so, I'll be able to create them by observing the SpaceShuttle...

Edit: the lnding lights of the 172 seem to use this effect, in that they do not have the problem with outside views which the ALS secondary lights have?

Edit 2: and yes, I am talking about the illumination of the ground, not the light source itself :mrgreen:
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: YV-LEGO
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby wlbragg » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:02 am

did this new lighting technique ever get commited

Yes it is a standard in fgdata .The c172p does use it when in exterior view and it uses the ALS secondary lights when in interior view.
Kansas(2-27-15)/Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA (2-27-15), 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby Thorsten » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:52 am

If so, I'll be able to create them by observing the SpaceShuttle...

That'll probably confuse you major, because the lights the Shuttle uses for landing are mobile lights on the ground, i.e. the lightspot never changes during the approach regardless of where the Shuttle is - I'm guessing you want lights attached to the aircraft instead...

Anyway, take a look at the effect manager of the Alouette-III, I've written it as an example of how to implement the various effects.
Thorsten

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:45 pm

Good. I'll look at the Alouette-III, I meant to fly it anyway... :)

@wlbragg, I never noticed the nav lights shining on the ground, that must not be implemented yet...?
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: YV-LEGO
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby wlbragg » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:13 pm

I never noticed the nav lights shining on the ground,

If your talking about landing lights and a taxi light, or nav lights (red, green and white) yes they are, both from an interior and exterior view if I remember correctly. See the image above. Also if I am remembering correctly interior and exterior are using two different techniques for at least taxi and landing lights. The Alouette-III code would be the better example as it is written with fluidity in mind, I would imagine. The effects in the c172p, more than likely, are more disjointed simply due to the fact that most of the effects were added piecemeal.
Kansas(2-27-15)/Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA (2-27-15), 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Previous

Return to Effects and shaders