Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft Autopilot and route manager

IDG A32X VNAV HELP!  Topic is solved

Designing a stable autopilot is one of the hardest things. Need help?

IDG A32X VNAV HELP!

Postby DylanTL » Mon May 07, 2018 6:01 pm

I recently installed the latest release of the IDG A32X as well as the A33X and I am having a small problem. I made a route with the Route Manager (Current release includes incomplete MCDU) with a SID with altitude restrictions. I noticed pretty soon after takeoff that I had no clue how to make the airplane follow a vertical profile. The only two ways that I could make the airplane climb were to increase the speed bug and left click the ALT knob which put the autopilot into OP CLB. The other way was to simply engage V/S mode. Does the IDG A32X even have VNAV capabilities? Or am I just missing the VNAV option on the MCP?

Please help!

Dylan
DylanTL

Re: IDG A32X VNAV HELP!  

Postby Octal450 » Mon May 07, 2018 6:12 pm

Good morning.
This topic should better suit: viewforum.php?f=40

But the public version does not have managed CLB or DES yet because it is a WORK IN PROGRESS aircraft. As soon as it's ready, I will release it publicly. :)
We are soon beginning the giant work of implementing the more complex parts of the FMGC and MCDU, so it may take some time.

Thank you for your interest,
Josh
IDG
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411
Version: next

Postby DylanTL » Mon May 07, 2018 6:19 pm

Thanks for the speedy reply! I really did think I was missing it but I guess I was wrong. Still probably my favorite aircraft to fly. Thanks!
DylanTL

Postby Octal450 » Tue May 08, 2018 1:09 am

Well, you were lucky I was checking the forums, as I do not check them often (See signature). In fact, I only checked it twice today because I was curious of your response. ;)

Glad you are enjoying.
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411
Version: next

Return to Autopilot and route manager