Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft Autopilot and route manager

Activate Route Manager

Designing a stable autopilot is one of the hardest things. Need help?

Activate Route Manager

Postby Octal450 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi
I tried to activate it by toggling the active property in /autopilot/route-manager, but this throws many nasal errors

How do I activate the route?

I looked in $FGDATA\data\Nasal\route-manager.nas and found nothing useful
Wiki also shows nothing useful.

How I can activate him via nasal?

Kind Regards,
Josh
Waste of time. Goodbye forever.
Octal450

Re: Activate Route Manager

Postby Octal450 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:16 pm

No-one?
Octal450

Postby sanhozay » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:34 pm

What are you trying to do? Build up a flight plan in Nasal code and then activate it? Are you using flightplan() to do that, or trying to set up directly in the property tree? If you are doing the latter, it may not work properly.

Does this activate your plan? If not, see flightplan() on the Wiki.

Code: Select all
fgcommand("activate-flightplan", props.Node.new({"activate": 1}));

See also: https://sourceforge.net/p/flightgear/fg ... anager.xml
sanhozay

Callsign: G-SHOZ
Version: Git

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:13 pm

We're trying to make a MCDU using OSGtext and Nasal and XML.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: YV-LEGO
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby Thorsten » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:15 pm

Not sure whether OSGText plays nice with FG shaders - consider using canvas for displays.
Thorsten

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:57 pm

We have considered it; nevertheless, we feel OSGtext is the best solution for now. However, I do see your point: I'll remember to test the MCDU with shaders ;)
~ lego
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: YV-LEGO
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby Octal450 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:06 pm

We will be rebuilding all displays with Canvas when closer to V1.0, or shortly afterward, as Lego said.

I simply need to find a way to press the activate button with a nasal script.
Octal450

Postby sanhozay » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:02 pm

Did you try the fgcommand?
sanhozay

Callsign: G-SHOZ
Version: Git

Postby Octal450 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:47 pm

No. I did not see it.... sorry....

Will try it.

Kind Regards,
Josh
Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:06 pm

Working, thank you!
Octal450

Postby Hooray » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:58 pm

Thorsten wrote in Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:15 pm:Not sure whether OSGText plays nice with FG shaders - consider using canvas for displays.

Internally, it's using the same OSG-level back-end - in fact, back when the idea for having a Canvas system in FlightGear was conceived, it was heavily inspired by Torsten's original work, which was basically about exposing osgText as a property-enabled/XML API in FlightGear- we actually once discussed generalizing the whole system to map "arbitrary" (well, other useful OSG APIs) in a similar fashion, and even exposing texture specifics for the corresponding RTT/FBO context via properties, too - back then, the idea was not too popular around here (well, users did like it, developers deemed it too complex or too inefficient), which is why and how the whole thing became a wiki article over time.

Anyway, we were tossing with the idea on and off over the years (see all those skid marks discussions, i.e. having dynamically placed skid marks)

These days, it seems that the development of the Canvas system has made other developments in the same area obsolete, even though those may still be in use at time - as a matter of fact, it would be useful to identify overlapping functionality and unify the underlying code accordingly to get rid of legacy code paths, which would also help getting rid of legacy GL code, to help adopt more modern OSG/OpenGL constructs.

Speaking in general however, there should be no technical reason why an osgText node should behave in any way different compared to what a Canvas Text node is doing - in fact, the former /might/ potentially be faster under certain circumstances, because the Canvas system adds quite a few layers of indirection to the whole shebang.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Postby Octal450 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:34 pm

OK... I don't see how this relates to the question....
Octal450

Postby Thorsten » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:23 am

Speaking in general however, there should be no technical reason why an osgText node should behave in any way different compared to what a Canvas Text node is doing

Really? A canvas text node is invisible for the late renderer stage - it's just part of the uniform sampler that is the texture. You can't assign any individual effect to a canvas text node because the effect being rendered is whatever the mesh that is being textured carries.

An OSGText node seems to be part of the scenegraph similar to the particle system, i.e. as far as the late renderer stage is concerned it (potentially) has its own state set and hence can have its own effect assigned and comes with its own z-ordering issues. And if it happens to behave like OSGParticles, then it will have its own effect assigned and we can't alter it.

I don't know the implementation details, but please do try to run ALS filtering over these things and see if they respond.
Thorsten

Postby Hooray » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:58 pm

I don't disagree with any of that - any element of a Canvas is part of a totally separate scene graph structure, which has its pros and cons obviously - but under the hood, both systems end up using osgText anyway.

It is obviously unfortunate that many FlightGear features and subsystems (like effects and canvas) are poorly integrated.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Postby Octal450 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:07 pm

Hooray wrote in Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:58 pm:It is obviously unfortunate that many FlightGear features and subsystems (like effects and canvas) are poorly integrated.

+1
Octal450

Next

Return to Autopilot and route manager