Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft Autopilot and route manager

Cessna Citation X Autopilot

Designing a stable autopilot is one of the hardest things. Need help?

Cessna Citation X Autopilot

Postby Captain LaForest » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:06 pm

OK. So I know to some people the autopilot of the Cessna Citation X might be pretty straight forward. But I am used to flying the 777 and the A320 where the autopilot is on with a few clicks. So I guess what my real questions is.... HOW DO YOU USE THE CITATION X AUTOPILOT???!!!
Captain LaForest

Re: Cessna Citation X Autopilot

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:15 pm

i go to the menu and use the Autopilot->route manager from there... i don't know how to use the actual instrument...

set the origin, set the destination, while hilighted on the dest, click the route button... at some point, select the SID and STARS with the runway you are on...

that's from memory... there is a bug in that if the origin and destination are the same, the sim or route manager may crash... i've been able to start the RM back up and continue on with my settings...

anyway, once i get airborne, then i F11 and click on the left side the option that follows the route manager... 3rd or 4th from the top... on the right side of that dialog, i also select the altitude so the craft will follow the RM's altitude settings on some points and i can type in a new altitude to climb or descend to...
Last edited by wkitty42 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Re: Cessna Citation X Autopilot

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:58 pm

oops! my bad... i was thinking of another craft but i still follow basically the same steps up to how i turn the AP on after getting airborne... in the F11 panel, there's the AP button that you have to turn on... maybe the one on the flight console... sometimes one works and other times the other... anyway, then select the FMS button on the top right of the F11 dialogue... after that, then i generally hit NAV in the left column and ALT in the center column... it has been a few months since i have flown this craft... sorry for the slight goof above...

i have, also, somewhere around here, a manual that tells how to work the system... i think there's maybe also a wiki page, too... it took me several tries before i was finally able to do the basics to get where i want to go...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Autopilot and route manager