Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft Autopilot and route manager

gps glide scope

Designing a stable autopilot is one of the hardest things. Need help?

gps glide scope

Postby jeep » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:13 pm

i don't know if it is the good place to post this question, but ... ;-)

with ils, we have a glidescope (/instrumentation/nav[x]/has-gs property and all the /instrumentation/nav[x]/gs-*** )

is it possible to have it with gps guidance : there is a has-gs property in /instrumentation/gps, but it never activate

so, flightgear simulates gps gs ? or do we have to do it in nasal or wait for a future version ?

thanks
jeep

Re: gps glide scope

Postby Hooray » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:14 pm

FlightGear has support for this, but obviously only for aircraft which have a corresponding GPS and the required autopilot installed, so you need to pick the right aircraft, too. Basically, the GPS outputs will then be linked to the CDI of the VOR/HSI/RMI and can be slaved to the autopilot, too.

All this is working through the property tree, so the CDI or the autopilot don't really care about where the inputs are coming from, so you could even come up with your own radio navigation equipment, i.e. a "microwave landing system" (implemented in Nasal) and slave it to the CDI/autopilot, this could also be done for RNAV/IRS obviously.

IIRC, there are a number of aircraft such as the C182rg, the b1900d and some others, that come with fully functioning GPS support. But you may need to check this info, because I haven't tested this in a while, so I may be wrong about the current status.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Re: gps glide scope

Postby jeep » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:16 am

i test these planes and i don't see a gps glide scope ...

these planes have a gs when the selected frequency is locked on an ils, but i can't see the same is i choose a gps point on the airport or on the ils ...
jeep

Return to Autopilot and route manager