Board index FlightGear Support Compiling

Compiling recent FlightGear GIT devel version on OSX

Building FlightGear from source, and in the need for help?

Re: Compiling recent FlightGear GIT devel version on OSX

Postby gral » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:07 pm

Liam, nice to see you got a working FlightGear GIT now!

"--option1=" means you have to put a fgfs option there. Now you are on command line to start FlightGear. You have to know the commands, you can get it with "fgfs --help -v".

This example could run a test start of your new FlightGear (but replace the paths with your own, fgfs is looking for fgdata! did you download latest fgdata ?):

Code: Select all
fgfs --fg-root=/Users/liam/where/is/my/newflightgear/fgdata --fg-scenery=/Users/liam/where/is/my/newflightgear/fgdata/Scenery/

Another way is to use FGX for starting your own FlightGear installation. But you have to know the paths anyway.

Cheers, gral
gral

Callsign: HB-GRAL
Version: GIT

Postby Liam » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:55 pm

ah i see! not an error then :)

Thank you very much for your kind help Gral, yeah I do have FGdata already :D..

I just installed your wonderful FGX client as well! truly brilliant :).. although I am struggling to link it with the GIT, as it does detect the planes but it refuses to run them, it shows the ones I have through git when i link it to the directory and press refresh, yet when it runs it says it cannot find the plane (unless it came with fgx!).. so I guess thats what you meant by needing to use the terminal through that as well, but I can still fly them on terminal so at least that works :). By the way i just pulled the latest FGDATA, ensured simgear and flightgear files were both up to date and they were, and it seems fine except the Autostart doesn't work on any planes, so I can only fly ones which are already engines running on startup, and also livery select dialog box never opens either. Is this just a problem with the latest pulled git? or is it something I have wrong.

Cheers again and
Have a good evening
Liam

Callsign: Liam

Postby gral » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:33 pm

Liam wrote in Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:55 pm: although I am struggling to link it with the GIT, as it does detect the planes but it refuses to run them, it shows the ones I have through git when i link it to the directory and press refresh, yet when it runs it says it cannot find the plane (unless it came with fgx!).

FGX takes the filename of the aircraft, because I thought the filename of the aircraft -set.xml shoud be the same as you use for option --aircraft. Now I see that a lot of aircraft use other names defined in the .xml as startup name, so that was not a good choice here 8) I will rewrite this part of FGX soon, so meantime you can try to type the name like you find it in aircraft-set.xml to start, this should work also for FGX. Refresh button should work now. Anyway, FGX is another topic and I don’t want to mix up things here.

Liam wrote in Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:55 pm:By the way i just pulled the latest FGDATA, ensured simgear and flightgear files were both up to date and they were, and it seems fine except the Autostart doesn't work on any planes, so I can only fly ones which are already engines running on startup, and also livery select dialog box never opens either. Is this just a problem with the latest pulled git? or is it something I have wrong.

Now you’re in touch with development version of FlightGear and (aircraft) data. With this versions you will always see more or less bugs/issues I think. Some of the aircrafts are under heavy development and things can change every day. I am trying to build a more or less bug-free sample data folder for FGX with built-in FlightGear, probably with just a handful aircrafts, but this will take some time.

Cheers, gral
gral

Postby gral » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:37 pm

Hi Moderators

This topic should be closed now, because the build system for sg/fg changed to cmake and most of the information is not valid anymore. I will open a new topic for the cmake build soon (or probably someone else ?). Anyway, maybe the new thread should also be moved to "Compiling" section ?

Cheers, gral
gral

Previous

Return to Compiling