Board index FlightGear Support Compiling

Compiling in Windows

Building FlightGear from source, and in the need for help?

Re: Compiling in Windows

Postby AndersG » Sat May 30, 2009 6:53 pm

Ineedhelp wrote:No, well, maybe, I don't know. I looked at the list of, compatible models and saw the Aerostar so I downloaded it. The textures are red and white gradients and it wants them as .rgb, not png. Know a quick way to convert? Meanwhile I'll try the DHC3, I like how it flies and tested it during the Iditarod, before the Crash. (It's the plane Mrs. Buser was flying in, so I wanted to fly it in FG.)

If you got it from the main FlightGear web site it is for 1.9.1. The only "official" place to get 1.0.0 aircraft now is from the CVS repository (by checking out using the appropriate release tag).

Ineedhelp wrote:EDIT: I ABSOLUTELY HATE WINDOWS! Not that it crashed it, but, I still do. So why do I use it you ask? Like many Linux users who need it, I need for my equivalent of work, school. That and my computer is made for Windows, not Linux, it has an Intel card, the reason my next one when I come back from Alaska will have a Nvidia card, then I can use Linux more. Anyways, two "Unknown exception in the main loop"s in a row, uninstalled. About to download 1.9.1 to crash it and get the dll names for ya', Gijs.

It isn't the missing OpenAL dll? IIRC I had to track down and install that when I tried FG on Windows Vista.

/Anders - who only use Windows when it can't be avoided.
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Callsign: SE-AG

Postby Ineedhelp » Sat May 30, 2009 7:28 pm

Got it! I crashed it! I got the dll now. It's ialmgicd.dll.
Callsign: Aero
Aircraft: Aerostar, C172P.
Airports: Somewhere not KSFO, but with people.
Ineedhelp

Postby Gijs » Sat May 30, 2009 8:05 pm

Ineedhelp wrote:No, well, maybe, I don't know. I looked at the list of, compatible models and saw the Aerostar so I downloaded it. The textures are red and white gradients and it wants them as .rgb, not png.

Okay, there we have your problem. You do not run 1.9. With 1.9 you won't get red/white textures, that only happens when using other than .rgb textures with older versions (1.0 and older). You should be very carefull in compiling FlightGear, to not mix up different version...

EDIT: and did downloading the .dll file solve your problem?
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby FlugHund » Sun May 31, 2009 8:34 am

Ineedhelp wrote:Got it! I crashed it! I got the dll now. It's ialmgicd.dll.

hmmm... the intel graphics driver again, like in this thread.

The only thing that comes to my mind is to try different drivers and maybe updating also the chipset driver (IDK if that helps but it is worth a try).

Hope you find a solution...
FlugHund

Callsign: D-HUND
IRC name: D-HUND / debdog
Version: next

Postby Ineedhelp » Sun May 31, 2009 5:21 pm

No, Gijs, haven't even downloaded it. You sure it's safe to do it? and if so, how do you do it?
Callsign: Aero
Aircraft: Aerostar, C172P.
Airports: Somewhere not KSFO, but with people.
Ineedhelp

Postby Michaelo » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:31 am

Has anyone tried using codeblocks (opensource IDE) and Borland 5.5?

MS Visual C++ express install badly screwed u my system... a lot of programs wont not run after installing... had to use a restore point to fix things...
I'm looking for an alternate, perhaps it's time to dust off my Linux Box ;)

The Codeblocks IDE even imports Visual express projects so I thought someone with more experience could get it compiling without errors...
Mike
Michaelo

Version: 241

Previous

Return to Compiling